Warcraft (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:I bet they're banking almost entirely on the fact that it's called "Warcraft", so the posters have little bearing on whether the butts meet the seats.

But if BvS is an indication of anything, it's that word-of-mouth is nearly as important as name recognition.

Though, if this ends up being better than BvS, I'd laugh at the fact that Nolan chose Snyder over Jones for MoS (according to the logic in my mind).
I'm curious as to how Jones would have done with Man of Steel but the script was the much more damning part of the movie. Direction alone wouldn't have been enough to salvage it.

Nomis wrote:And by better you mean the film itself, not the RT score or the amount of money it makes. Still, to top that over BvS it has to make $800 million, I doubt this can make that. Would be great of course, because I'd love to see the Naga brought to life, but still.
Well, I suppose I meant both critically and net profit.

SilverHeart wrote:It's mainly because it's very clearly a recolored version of the first one with a photo of Batman inserted into it.
I guess I understand the frustration, as fans who anxiously await additional promo materials...but I thought it was pretty tight.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not impressed with any of these Warcraft Posters.

Nor impressed with the new trailer... Sure, VFX look a bit better here and there but other than that... Not feeling this.

I really liked the new trailer. Got a sense of what it's about.
What are the big scary guys called? Orcs? Ogres? Trolls?

Soundtrack details:
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/04/23 ... k-details/
1. Warcraft
2. The Horde
3. Medivh
4. Honor
5. Forrest Ambush
6. Lothar
7. Gul’dan
8. The Beginning
9. Strong Bones
10. Victory and Defeat
11. The Book
12. Two Worlds Colliding
13. The Incantation
14. Half Orc, Half Human
15. Whatever Happens
16. My Gift to You
17. Llane’s Solution
18. Mak’gora
19. For Azeroth

josephcq wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:It's mainly because it's very clearly a recolored version of the first one with a photo of Batman inserted into it.
I guess I understand the frustration, as fans who anxiously await additional promo materials...but I thought it was pretty tight.
It's really not that. I mean just compare it with The Dark Knight's fantastic main poster.

It's geometrically coherent, thematically relevant and aesthetically magnificent. Everything Rises' main poster wasn't.£