Child 44 (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BREAKING: Tom Hardy is in talks To star in Child 44, the adaptation of the Tom Rob Smith novel that will be directed by Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa for Summit/Lionsgate. Hardy, who wrapped Mad Max: Fury Road for director George Miller, will star in Child 44 after he completes Animal Rescue, the Fox Searchlight drama that Michael R. Roskam is directing, with Noomi Rapace his co-star. He will shoot Animal Rescue in March, then move right on to Child 44.

Child 44 takes place in Stalin’s Soviet Union, and Hardy plays a security officer and war hero who believes in the Soviet system and the law. That is until he uncovers the existence of a mass murderer, and he is thwarted by that system he has sworn to serve, because they have no interest in acknowledging that murders are taking place in a country perpetuating the myth of a crime free utopia. The book is part of a trilogy.

Hardy, who last starred in The Dark Knight Rises, is repped by CAA.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/tom-har ... um=twitter

Hardy is overexposed.
Brave New World

Plot sounds good but the director of Safe House? Seems like Hardy will be very busy, his chance of getting cast in Interstellar are looking slim at the moment. :neutral:

Also Noomi Rapace is in talks to star as well. I guess her in Hardy are in love.

So there's no hope for Hardy in Interstellar? :ugeek:
Brave New World

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
directed by Safe House helmer
:|

Never saw the film, but it ended up on a lot of "worst of" lists.

BroskiSabor wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
:|

Undeserving if you ask me.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Allstar wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote: :|

He also did this film though which was a indie film.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/easy_money_2012/
Interesting. I guess Safe House was his fluke? Everyone's allowed one. I definitely have high hopes for anything Hardy is in, though.