Gone Girl (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
EXCLUSIVE: David Fincher is eyeing coming aboard Gone Girl, the Gillian Flynn novel that was just published by Crown and has been a bestselling phenomenon that was acquired in a 7-figure deal by 20th Century Fox to be produced by Pacific Standard’s Reese Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea, along with Leslie Dixon. Flynn wrote the first draft of the screenplay. The plot: a woman disappears on the day of her fifth anniversary and all roads point to her husband as the killer. Flynn, who has three novels on the bestseller lists all at once, has two other movie projects in the works. Dark Places has Amy Adams attached to star, with Gilled Paquet-Brenner directing and her first novel, Sharp Objects, was optioned by Alliance with Blumhouse’s Jason Blum producing.

Fincher, who has been working on Disney’s 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea: Captain Nemo and has been rumored heavily to helm one of these Star Wars movies at that studio, has handled female-themed Panic Room with Jodie Foster. He’s repped by Anonymous Content. He’s also still in the loop for continuing the Stieg Larsson series that began with Girl With T
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/david-f ... rl-at-fox/

Doesn't exactly sound like new territory for him.

Oh gawwd this would be brilliant - the book is perfectly suited for his direction.

This seems too easy for him but anything is better than a DT sequel for me.

Have you read the book? It's fantastic, a real dark and twisted thriller.

... :| ...

Dream, convince me.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Have you read the book? It's fantastic, a real dark and twisted thriller.
Nope but my sister has, I'll ask for her review. Still this seems nothing new from Finch and very uninspired.

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Novel-G ... 030758836X
Marriage can be a real killer.

One of the most critically acclaimed suspense writers of our time, New York Times bestseller Gillian Flynn takes that statement to its darkest place in this unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclaimed that her work “draws you in and keeps you reading with the force of a pure but nasty addiction.” Gone Girl’s toxic mix of sharp-edged wit and deliciously chilling prose creates a nerve-fraying thriller that confounds you at every turn.

On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?

With her razor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around.
I'd hit it.

But he's supposedly ''in talks'' and we need a comment on Girl Who Played With Fire, asap. :judge:

If Fincher takes this own, I'm sure it'll be good, but I would rather him do something else instead.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

It seems pretty simplistic for him, but I'd get off to anything he does, so.

-Vader

I just want a DT sequel. :cry: