Gone Girl (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
jibran wrote:Fincher, make some exciting and unique corporate drama/thriller film with DiCaprio.
DiCaprio is retiring.

I know/he's taking a break.
Do you... like pineapple?

Allstar wrote:
RIFA wrote:Rooney Mara.
Why do you want Mara again? I thought you were one of the few that were not crazy about her performance in DT.
Not being crazy about a performance automatically means not wanting her again to work with Fincher or not seeing her suitable for the role?

RIFA wrote:
Allstar wrote: Why do you want Mara again? I thought you were one of the few that were not crazy about her performance in DT.
Not being crazy about a performance automatically means not wanting her again to work with Fincher or not seeing her suitable for the role?
No, but it is still surprising.

Not at all. I never disliked her as an actor. I disliked her "real life" choices but that has nothing to do with her work.

She started to grow on me after repeated TGWTDT viewings. I still think at that time she was way overrated for that performance but I believe that now she's way underrated for it.

RIFA wrote: I still think at that time she was way overrated for that performance but I believe that now she's way underrated for it.
Wait, what?

jibran wrote:
RIFA wrote: I still think at that time she was way overrated for that performance but I believe that now she's way underrated for it.
Wait, what?
What what?

At that time people named her performance even as one of the best in years lol... People were raving about her and the internet went nuts. She was like a twitter trend. Now... few barely even mention Mara in TGWTDT when they talk about the best performances in the last couple of years...

RIFA wrote:Now... few barely even mention Mara in TGWTDT when they talk about the best performances in the last couple of years...
Rightfully so.

Allstar wrote:
RIFA wrote:Now... few barely even mention Mara in TGWTDT when they talk about the best performances in the last couple of years...
Rightfully so.
Well kinda. But it's still a huge discrepancy between then and now. Hence why I don't really like that she's a bit under the radar now...

RIFA wrote:
Allstar wrote: Rightfully so.
Well kinda. But it's still a huge discrepancy between then and now. Hence why I don't really like that she's a bit under the radar now...
I wouldn't say buzz around her has gone down almost at all within film culture, just that particular performance. She's still really hot shit.

-Vader

RIFA wrote:
jibran wrote:
Wait, what?
What what?

At that time people named her performance even as one of the best in years lol... People were raving about her and the internet went nuts. She was like a twitter trend. Now... few barely even mention Mara in TGWTDT when they talk about the best performances in the last couple of years...
Oh, so you mean the profile of that portrayal has declined heavily in recent times.