Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Remember this trailer?

It basically shows the whole movie.

I am glad that I saw only the teaser and the first trailer.

Later Edit:

About the box office thing. The 45 mil it made it's actually above what was predicted. I am sure even WB knew that. I think, especially WB. They knew it being a R it won't have a big opening 1st weekend (relative to its budget). So they must have calculated it will make around what it actually made this last weekend.

The thing that gave them confidence (that showed in the promotion of this movie) was the test screenings. This movie was test screened. At first WB wasn't so sure about this movie, but the reactions at the test screenings were extremely good. They knew right there and then that if this movie gets good reviews (which it did) and will have word of mouth, they will make bussiness.

And this movie will have word of mouth. The drops will be no more than 45 %, and if it will be in the 30ish % territory (like Inception) it will kill. My prediction is that it will reach 130-150 mil in the US, and with 200+ international it will make its money back (2x or 2.5x its budget). I think the profit will be made on blurays, vod, netflix etc. As far as I can see it this movie needs to make its money in theatres. If it does, the sequel will come more easily. If not, WB will think twice but even then there is a chance for that.

The comparison is with Kingsman. It made 36 mil 1st weekend. The word of mouth made its presence in the 3rd weekend (the second it droped almost 50%). Made 127 mil. MM with 45 and maybe a drop lower than 45% in the second weekend (+ word of mouth the following weeks) it will reach at least 130 mil.
Last edited by JohnConstantine on May 19th, 2015, 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TO be fair, none of the action from the last half is in that trailer.

Why I don't watch trailers often though.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:TO be fair, none of the action from the last half is in that trailer.

Why I don't watch trailers often though.

-Vader
Nux's dying scene is in there (and it is the biggest offender imo). The guys on poles (and abduction of Toast - Zoe Kravitz, from above the car) is in the second half. The blonde touching the windshield (after taking the seed from the old dead woman). The truck that goes over the older women that fell from the truck (a previous one, not the one that killed them)
But to be fair for someone that hasn't seen the movie he/she will not know which are in the first half and which in the second.

It can't get any better than the second time so I'll stop until blu-ray release. My lovely company loved it and said she prefers it over Road Warrior even (one of her favorites). Now I want The Wasteland.

I might go and watch this film the week after next week. If it's still in cinemas.

Meanwhile I'll listen to the track Brother In Arms on loop.

So what action sequence is your favorite? They are all awesome, but I think my current favorite is
the one with the canyon motorcyclists. Those shots where they leap over top of the rig and drop grenades were amazing. And I loved how Furiosa lowered the cow-catcher on the front to dig into the sand and put out the engine fire.
And after my third viewing I have to give some love to the crazy warlord from Bullet Town. :lol: I loved where he grumbled,
"All this for a family squabble." And then after he's been blinded and he's going batshit crazy like something out of Apocalypse Now.

Forum Pro
Law
They just showed the last shot in a tv spot lol

Baniac wrote:So what action sequence is your favorite?
They're all great but final chase was just pure insanity. So well choreographed with a clear sense of environment even though it looked utterly chaotic.

Some of my favorite lines came from the The Dag (aka true Daenerys as I like to call her), especially the one about bullets being the anti-seeds, you plant one and watch something die.

My favorite wife: Capable

Every new person I meet lately I'm secretly looking for a way to slip how dope this movie is into the conversation. I think I've told like 10 strangers to go and see it.