Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
didich wrote:As an hispanoparlante, I must say that racist. :evil: :P
Care to explain the context?
Just joking. Sometimes desert-people tend to have Spanish names for some reason, usually intimitading phrases.

DoubleD wrote:Image
The sawn-off.... It's back
:clap:

ratedR wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Image
The sawn-off.... It's back
:clap:
Did he broke the guys back? :lol:

I watched the first two for the first time two nights ago. The Eisensteinian editing took me by surprise, and the tone reminded me of Raimi (in ways both good and bad). Interestingly, the pacing suffers in the second act of both movies due to the non-ness of the plot in between the adrenaline fueled (pun intended) first and third acts of ceaseless violence. The level of scale and emotion that's conjured on the budget is truly amazing. Fun but fucked up movies.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I watched the first two for the first time two nights ago. The Eisensteinian editing took me by surprise, and the tone reminded me of Raimi (in ways both good and bad). Interestingly, the pacing suffers in the second act of both movies due to the non-ness of the plot in between the adrenaline fueled (pun intended) first and third acts of ceaseless violence. The level of scale and emotion that's conjured on the budget is truly amazing. Fun but fucked up movies.

-Vader
Have you seen Neil Marshall's Doomsday? It was a fun genre flick that wanted to be Miller, but mostly failed. Guilty pleasure for me, every once in a while. Still, Mad Max Trilogy is untouchable, I'd recommend watching the third one as well, cause Tina Turner and self-education. ;)

Vader182 wrote:I watched the first two for the first time two nights ago. The Eisensteinian editing took me by surprise, and the tone reminded me of Raimi (in ways both good and bad). Interestingly, the pacing suffers in the second act of both movies due to the non-ness of the plot in between the adrenaline fueled (pun intended) first and third acts of ceaseless violence. The level of scale and emotion that's conjured on the budget is truly amazing. Fun but fucked up movies.

-Vader
You just now have watched them? Fuck.

It's fucking Mad Max and Road Warrior bro.

antovolk wrote:http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/mad-max-fury ... ilmtrailer

2:22 long first proper trailer (unlikely the SDCC one, IMO brand new, as different runtime and that wasn't labeled as trailer F1 internationally when that came out) coming with Hobbit.
Oh fuck me, updated The Thread already? ;)

According to Event Cinemas, it's rated R18+ (Which is kind of like the R Rating in the USA, but really pushes it into NC-17 territory; think The Wolf of Wall Street) and it's 95 minutes long. Not the most reliable source, but it sounds believable.