Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:Anyway I just saw your avy in motion on my TV. :D
Which reminds me that I should rewatch it as well sometime soon. It has been a while.£

Baniac wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:So we all remember the studio's and filmmakers attempt to convince us that very few effects were used during the making of this movie, right?
Guess what? Apparently Fury Road had the exact same amount of VFX shots as The Hobbit movies :lol:
That may be the case but it sure looked a lot more convincing and engaging in Mad Max, hence why the film is a hell of a lot better in terms of direction and visuals. It's not that people are against CG, it's just that noticeable special effects take you out of the experience because you realize how fake the environments/characters, etc. look. If someone excessively uses CG but has no idea as to how to make it look realistic then people will criticise the film.
I haven't seen Spectre yet, but one shot I saw on TV is where he leaps on some building and it gives way beneath him. The CGI there looks so fake. Like you said, it's stuff like that that takes you out of the experience. The effects in MMFR never did that to me.
I saw it on a non-3D IMAX screen and that shot looked just as fake as it did in the trailers.

Nobody noticed that much of CGI. I rest my case.

MyCocaine wrote:
RIFA wrote:How adorable of you to preach good behavior.

You know, I knew a Romanian fella once. Quite the character he was.
Aggressive and always looking for trouble. You remind me of him.
Have we met? It's a small world, it seems.

It's amusing seeing all of the anti-Fury Road people on message boards and comments sections lambasting the National Board of Review for choosing it as their favorite film of the year.

It's just so comforting to hear that an entry into a film series that was not based on anything would get this much praise.