Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tom Hardy is growing a ”big and bushy” beard because the forthcoming ‘Mad Max’ film shows the leading character in his ”wild days”.

Tom Hardy has grown a beard because the new ‘Mad Max’ film shows the character in ”his wild days”.

The British actor is portraying character Max Rockatansky in ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ - the fourth film in the franchise - and confirms he has grown ”big and bushy” facial hair because of part of the storyline.

He said: ”The beard is to make me look handsome. Really, it’s because I’m about to play Mad Max in the new film and we start the shoot by showing him in his wild days.

”It’s going to be really big and bushy - what I have now is only the start.”

The ‘Dark Knight Rises’ star has always wanted to sport some fuzz on his face but has always been stopped in the past because his movie character’s have required clean shaves.

He told Hello! magazine: ”I’ve always wanted a beard, but I’ve never been able to have a proper one because I was always having to shave it off for my next role. But at last the stars are aligning for me to grow one and work at the same time.”

:lol: @ Fallstar

mchekhov wrote:

:lol: @ Fallstar
wut he says the beard is for the role. :eh:

When does this start shooting? :eh:

Allstar wrote:When does this start shooting? :eh:
I thought it had? :lol:

Mason wrote:
I thought it had? :lol:
Why?

Allstar wrote:
Mason wrote: I thought it had? :lol:
Why?
Maybe I'm confused. I thought they were preparing to shoot, wasn't there set photos of them preparing the chase sequence?

Mason wrote:
Allstar wrote: Why?
Maybe I'm confused. I thought they were preparing to shoot, wasn't there set photos of them preparing the chase sequence?
There were photos of vehicles but that was just pre production stuff.

Allstar wrote:
Mason wrote: Maybe I'm confused. I thought they were preparing to shoot, wasn't there set photos of them preparing the chase sequence?
There were photos of vehicles but that was just pre production stuff.
Oh, I thought they were actually filming it. Never mind. :lol:

Next month

CaliKid329 wrote:
Next month
Source?