Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MM:FR is my TOP 10 of All Times entry.

It's so rewatchable

Cannot wait for the sequel

Nomis wrote:
April 8th, 2018, 5:37 am
It's so rewatchable

Cannot wait for the sequel
Not sure it’s going to happen, not with Miller or any time soon. MM:FR was a notoriously expensive, troubled production. I’d say the chances of a sequel right now are about as similar to BR2049 getting one - not in this decade, or the next one. And perhaps it’s for the better, let it marinate for a while. We just got one masterpiece recently.

Marinate all you want but Miller has got ideas for two sequels. I'm aware of the troubled production of Fury Road and that there's shit going on bts now as well. It sucks but I keep hoping that whatever needs sorted out bts will be sorted out this decade. Miller isn't getting any younger and I think he's very well aware of that himself.

Yeah this movie is near perfect in every way to me. Wouldn't care if we got a sequel. I just want it to be of this quality if we ever do.

When all is said and done, over how much green is WB willing to throw away one valuable, revitalized IP?

7 mil. dollars.

Because apparently that is the amount of money George Miller went over budget, in their minds, and also the amount of money George Miller went under budget, in his company's mind.

Fuck WB.

The film didn't make enough money to immediately greenlight a sequel, so I don't blame them. Yes, a sequel would earn more but not by much and the first one barely broke even or maybe even lost money.

LelekPL wrote:
April 17th, 2018, 9:18 am
The film didn't make enough money to immediately greenlight a sequel, so I don't blame them. Yes, a sequel would earn more but not by much and the first one barely broke even or maybe even lost money.
More like WB doesn’t know how to properly handle valuable IPs. It’s called future investment. Also, what Prath said.