Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
oracle86 wrote:So this is a reboot? Count me in.
Yup, and The Beard is plain ol' Mad, with added rocknroll! 8-)

“I think that, just like [Prometheus], that’s an interesting world. I feel that I have a real interest in this world, and I think people will have an interest in this world because Alien kinda set that up for us. I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me. George really created a female character that I’ve never read anything like this. I mean, I’m scared shitless, yeah.”

She was then asked what Miller is asking her to do and if it’s something she’s never done before:

“No, it’s a really challenging piece of material. I think for me originally when they were like, “Oh, Mad Max.” I was like, “Uh, I’m not going to play the fucking girl for Mad Max.” Then I read it and I was like, “Oh, Mad Max. I feel sorry for you.” (Laughs) That rarely happens. It’s just really, it’s two great characters. It’s not the original Mad Max. It’s the revamped Mad Max. It’s Tom Hardy, who’s incredible. So, the whole thing is just exciting, very, very exciting.”

I’m really looking forward to a certain “Mad Max” movie that is coming up. What can you tell people about that project and when do you begin filming?

Theron: I leave in like two and a half weeks and we start shooting I think around mid-July in Namibia. I’m fucking dying, too, it’s been three years. It’s time to skin this cat already, so yeah, I’m very excited about it.

http://collider.com/charlize-theron-pro ... ew/170219/

Read this just the other day too, definitely looking forward to it. The Five Wives rumor / aspect sounds crazy too..;-) I believe I read that it starts shooting sometime in July, but the prep work and all that starts in the next week or two:-)

You could probably turn Mad Max into a Bond-style franchise. There's a lot of scope in that universe to tell all sorts of stories. As long as you cut down on the Tina Turner/Frank Thring/Angry Anderson team-ups, people would watch it.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

I agree, I think that world is so unique, creative and dark that a lot of stories can come out of that. I vaguely remember Beyond The Terror Dome, I just remember the title song and her in it... ;-) I remember watching the original Mad Max when I was little and being captivated by the craziness of it, the violence of it... there is one scene in the original that I clearly remember, and that was when Mad Max was in his famous car and was sitting by the side of the road, right before that other crew came into the scene.. the whole grittiness of it and rawness of it still sticks out to me.. he had a can of wet dog food and was eating it, he ate half of it and gave the rest to his dog. Just with that little scene alone, I remember thinking the utter survivalness of being so desperate that you have to eat dog food and yet the glimpse of humanity by giving it to another living creature. Im really excited and curious to see this one:-)

No pictures yet, but Charlize has gone bald for the role.

David8 wrote:No pictures yet, but Charlize has gone bald for the role.
:shock:

Awesome..Im loving this movie already ..:-)

David8 wrote:No pictures yet, but Charlize has gone bald for the role.
Come again.....
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

charlise bald reminds me of bald ripley