Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
Bacon wrote:Could I watch this and understand it even if I've never seen any of the other films?
Yes. It's essentially a reboot, but not focusing on creating a whole new story.
I heard this track and it's nearly convinced me to try and watch this ASAP.

Plus Kojima.

Yes, Junkie XL's score is completely dope, but it won't be the main reason as to why you'll think this movie is amazing.

Still far and away the best film of the year. World of Tomorrow is the only thing that's close (that'll change though)

Bacon wrote:Could I watch this and understand it even if I've never seen any of the other films?
It's too complicated even with all four movies in mind.

Yes, yes you can. That's what i did.

I'm not sure I've ever seen so many hyperbolic statements over a movie like the ones Fury Road has received, at least from people on the internet. Take a look at the ratings for this film on Amazon or Redbox and it's pretty much people either calling it the greatest action movie they've ever seen, or the worst movie they've ever endured.

HorrorBiz wrote:I'm not sure I've ever seen so many hyperbolic statements over a movie like the ones Fury Road has received, at least from people on the internet. Take a look at the ratings for this film on Amazon or Redbox and it's pretty much people either calling it the greatest action movie they've ever seen, or the worst movie they've ever endured.
the latter group must be insufferable

Sky007 wrote:
HorrorBiz wrote:I'm not sure I've ever seen so many hyperbolic statements over a movie like the ones Fury Road has received, at least from people on the internet. Take a look at the ratings for this film on Amazon or Redbox and it's pretty much people either calling it the greatest action movie they've ever seen, or the worst movie they've ever endured.
the latter group must be insufferable
Their comments definitely make it easier to lose faith in movie audiences these days.

The average moviegoer (especially teens) do not understand film language that doesn't explain itself through dialogue. It's depressing as hell.