Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Skywalker1982 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
Skywalker1982 wrote:Who else thought the villain was like something out of Fist of the North Star?
I asked you to fuck off and I have yet to receive a response.
What do you mean fuck off?
It's self-explanatory.

Fist of the North Star is an awesome anime movie and one of the goriest animated movies ever, it's practically influenced by Mad Max 1 & 2 big time even with the big guys and their designs and the TV show and comics are cool too.

Is the one who told me to fuck off a prick or what?

Skywalker1982 wrote: Is the one who told me to fuck off a prick or what?
You have much to learn, young padawan.

Crazy Eight wrote:It also has a 91% audience approval rating on RT, and is ranking #30 on IMDB's top 250 (8.7/10).

Comparatively, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen also has a B+ cinemascore, but a 58% audience approval on RT, and a 6/10 average on IMDB.

Not sure of what value cinemascore really is. Typically getting people's thoughts right as they leave the theater isn't as indicative of what they think like, the next day or even hour.
Cinemascore is a more reliable indicator of general word of mouth compared to IMDb rating. Compare Fury with American Sniper or Interstellar with Guardians for example.£

Essentially the only valuable metric Cinemascore stands for is that if it doesn't do high it's definitely crap whereas if it doesnt it doesn't really mean much at all.

SilverHeart wrote:Essentially the only valuable metric Cinemascore stands for is that if it doesn't do high it's definitely crap whereas if it doesnt it doesn't really mean much at all.
It means what it's supposed to mean. The popularity of a certain movie among mass audience. What else should it mean? And I'm sorry were Wolf of Wall-Street, Killing Them Softly, Boogie Nights, Shutter Island and Drive, crap by your judgment?£

Master Virgo wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:It also has a 91% audience approval rating on RT, and is ranking #30 on IMDB's top 250 (8.7/10).

Comparatively, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen also has a B+ cinemascore, but a 58% audience approval on RT, and a 6/10 average on IMDB.

Not sure of what value cinemascore really is. Typically getting people's thoughts right as they leave the theater isn't as indicative of what they think like, the next day or even hour.
Cinemascore is a more reliable indicator of general word of mouth compared to IMDb rating. Compare Fury with American Sniper or Interstellar with Guardians for example.£
No, it's really not any more reliable than either RT or IMDB. All of these are capturing different swaths of people. And like he said, getting people's thoughts right as they leave isn't exactly amazingly reliable either.

And, for fuck's sake, why are people are acting like a B+ Cinemascore is completely awful or something? Assuming that Cinemascores were actually reliable (which they aren't), that would be fine regardless.

Also, this post:
HorrorBiz wrote:
slimshady247 wrote:Plus a B+ Cinemascore is hardly enough to classify it as a disappointment in terms of audience reception.
Yeah, audiences who are polled for CinemaScore tend to give just about any new superhero movie an "A" while other, lesser known (or wholly original) movies rarely achieve that high of praise. I remember both Inception and Interstellar received scores of "B+" from CinemaScore audiences, as well as Gone Girl receiving a "B" and they did just fine. I know that George Miller doesn't have the kind of big marquee name that Nolan does, but still.
This also makes great points.

slimshady247 wrote:No, it's really not any more reliable than either RT or IMDB. All of these are capturing different swaths of people. And like he said, getting people's thoughts right as they leave isn't exactly amazingly reliable either.
Yeah all those film studios who have wasted their times for this many years, paying attention to cinemascores. Somebody should write to them and let them know of their misapprehension. Films receiving high cinemascore and then doing well at boxoffice is nothing but mere accident.£

I'm finally gonna watch this film tomorrow. So pumped.

Another weekday win:
Wednesday:
1. Mad Max: Fury Road $2,318,209
2. Pitch Perfect 2 $2,063,160
3. Tomorrowland $1,967,132
Crossed 100 on domestic b.o., international should be 150+ already.

Edit: Looks like Thursday will be practically copy-paste of Wednesday.