Crimson Peak (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looks like an even darker mix of Jane Eyre and Rebecca (by du Maurier), but I don't mind that, as long as it delivers.

The house looks amazing. Love the overall tone. Chastain's accent sounds half-baked, as someone already pointed out. Don't think it will ruin the film though lol.

And the trailer song just doesn't click for me.

I think this looks great. Love that stylish gothic atmosphere that drips from every frame. That said, this won't be scary. Del Toro is good at creature design and everything, but none of his films are scary. I was a bit hesitant on him being brought on for Silent Hills. You can see his influence in one of the early concept movies and it's nothing like the genius P.T. turned out to be.

This video just reeks of his influence, and is not what Silent Hill is at all. Just a bunch of loud noise, jumpscare stuff. The actual product was an achievement.

So while I'm excited for this, I'm not expecting it to be scary.

It's going to have plenty of intentional shocker moments, old school.

Poster reminds me of:

Last edited by m4st4 on February 13th, 2015, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
antovolk wrote:
Production design is delicious.

After Miss Julie and what I can tell with this Chastain should stop with the English accents. In both cases it sounds like she is half doing one.
I thought she sounded good in this, and can see your complaint from miss Julie trailer.

Good isn't good enough... she should've be American or full on-Brit here. This does sound half-baked from just couple of lines. Whether anyone will mind it when the movie comes out remains to be seen. I'm interested in her character since she's supposedly pretty wild.

m4st4 wrote:Good isn't good enough... she should've be American or full on-Brit here. This does sound half-baked from just couple of lines. Whether anyone will mind it when the movie comes out remains to be seen. I'm interested in her character since she's supposedly pretty wild.
It doubt it will make or break the performance for me anyway. I usually look past these things.

That being said when she is supposed to be the sister to full on British Hiddelston, it is a little jarring.

Allstar wrote:I usually look past these things.
Didn't you take issue with the Bahstan accents in The Departed?

I'm loving the whole look of it; you can tell it was made from del Toro. But it looks like a lot of CGI still needs a lot of finishing, which turned me off, and I didn't like that song at all.

Still excited though.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Allstar wrote:I usually look past these things.
Didn't you take issue with the Bahstan accents in The Departed?
Not at all. I actually brought that question up the other day because I remembered Compton complaining about it in the past and he did not mention it as a negative in his recent review.

I'm liking the look of it.