Crimson Peak (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Damn, I wanted to see Emma in this role, but oh well...

Aw yiss, Mia is such a great actress!

Pissed, wanted to see the duo Stone-Hunnam, Mia is fine, but yeah..... Still excited for Hunnam and Cumberbatch.

I love Mia, but I wanted to see Emma in this.

Also.. Cumberbatch and Chastain will play siblings? Well, I guess no kinky scenes for them then. Or maybe.. :lol:

Crimson Peak 'Shockingly Different
Exclusive: Crimson Peak ‘Shockingly Different’ for Del Toro, Guillermo On Kinky Nature of Gothic Tale
In the midst of the whirlwind Pacific Rim press tour and the prep work he’s doing for The Strain, Guillermo del Toro is currently in early pre-production for Crimson Peak for Legendary Pictures. Shooting doesn’t begin until February 2014, but a cast is already in place. Charlie Hunnam, Mia Wasikowska, Benedict Cumberbatch and Jessica Chastain will star.

“Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven," said Del Toro in a one-on-one interview. "It’s an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I’ve done in the English language. Normally, when I go to do a movie in America for the spectacle and younger audience, for Blade or whatever. This movie’s tone is scary and it’s the first time I get to do a movie more akin to what I do in the Spanish movies."

"The thing I do in those movies is recontextualization, take a movie and then move it into a completely different place," he added. "Like a Gothic and then move it into the Spanish Civil War [The Devil’s Backbone]. This is a Gothic romance, haunted house, in the north of England."

And how is the house of Crimson Peak looking? "The house is looking great. We started scouting two months ago and are deep into the design and it looks fabulous. Obviously, I’m going to buy a lot of the props," Del Toro laughed.

Tonally, Del Toro said Crimson Peak "has moments that are very visceral, physical violence. You’re in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you’re like, “Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments. The only kinky moment I’ve ever shot is the leg fuck in The Devil’s Backbone. [laughs] This has a little more kinkiness than that."
Great news.

Benedict Cumberbatch drops out
Benedict Cumberbatch has elected not to star in Guillermo del Toro’s haunted house thriller “Crimson Peak,” sources confirm to Variety.

The “Star Trek” actor had been attached to the Legendary Pictures project alongside Oscar-nominated Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and “Pacific Rim” star Charlie Hunnam, but recently left the project for unknown reasons.

“Crimson Peak” is del Toro’s first directing vehicle after “Pacific Rim,” which has grossed over $300 million worldwide.

According to sources, Legendary and del Toro are looking for a replacement for Cumberbatch as “Crimson Peak” is scheduled to shoot in February 2014.
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/bened ... 200586005/
Last edited by Morrie's_Wig on August 21st, 2013, 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morrie's_Wig wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch drops out
Benedict Cumberbatch has elected not to star in Guillermo del Toro’s haunted house thriller “Crimson Peak,” sources confirm to Variety.

The “Star Trek” actor had been attached to the Legendary Pictures project alongside Oscar-winner Jessica Chastain, Emma Stone and “Pacific Rim” star Charlie Hunnam, but recently left the project over a scheduling conflict.

“Crimson Peak” is del Toro’s first directing vehicle after “Pacific Rim,” which has grossed over $300 million worldwide.

According to sources, Legendary and del Toro are looking for a replacement for Cumberbatch as “Crimson Peak” is scheduled to shoot in February 2014.
fuck, was looking forward to him.

The “Star Trek” actor had been attached to the Legendary Pictures project alongside Oscar-winner Jessica Chastain, Emma Stone and “Pacific Rim” star Charlie Hunnam, but recently left the project over a scheduling conflict.

Oh shit.

At least Chastain and Stone (?!) are still attached.

theseeker9175 wrote:

Oh shit.

At least Chastain and Stone (?!) are still attached.
No Stone is out, it must be a mistake by Variety. Hollywood Reporter says Mia Wasikowska is still on board as her replacement.

:blank: :crazy:

Too bad. I hope no one else drops out.