Blonde (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:33 am
Jesse James gives you permission to disappear up your own arse I would argue

Excited about this because I don't think Dominik has missed yet
I have liked his movies though lol. It just sees weird for someone with a strong track record like him, he can't seem to find any other studios to finance this? It could totally be one of those artsy award season movies. Or he could go the David Lynch route and get foreign investors?

Something is up. Maybe it's his overselling or maybe it's the script itself.

Strong track record? All his movies lost a lot of money. It took Scorsese decades to get financing for Silence. He’s currently making a movie for Netflix, as have The Coens, Cuaron, Greengrass and more. You’re really reaching here.

Allstar wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:33 am
Strong track record? All his movies lost a lot of money. It took Scorsese decades to get financing for Silence. He’s currently making a movie for Netflix, as have The Coens, Cuaron, Greengrass and more. You’re really reaching here.
Strong track record in terms of making really amazing movies but okay. Whatever dude, forget it. You're always going to be really rude to me and not hear out the things I say or even read what I write carefully. You will always assume false stances and project them onto me and I don't like that at all and I wish you wouldn't do that. Why can't you just ask "what do you mean by this?" That would be a lot easier and a lot more polite and it would make you more likable.
Last edited by Artemis on March 15th, 2019, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:38 am
Allstar wrote:
Strong track record in terms of making really amazing movies but okay.
Doesn’t matter to the studios when they lose millions of dollars. Sigh. But sure, ignore my point about Scorsese and a lot of great projects/prestige filmmakers gravitating towards Netflix.

I’m just debating your logic here and questioned your motive. I apologize if I was being rude.

Allstar wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:41 am
Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:38 am
Allstar wrote:
Strong track record in terms of making really amazing movies but okay.
Doesn’t matter to the studios when they lose millions of dollars. Sigh. But sure, ignore my point about Scorsese and a lot of great projects/prestige filmmakers gravitating towards Netflix.
Easier to ignore your points because you're just going to get really argumentative over everything and then dig up old shit and then be rude towards me.

I don't even know if it's worth having a conversation with you because I feel like you never hear me out the way others on this site do and you never give any of my points serious consideration.

Blair even asked why this project is going to Netflix and you didn't grill him about that. I think it's a good thing Netflix is gaining more steam and prestige but can you really blame people for questioning "why netflix?" when original content on netflix has a reputation of not always being good?

Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:37 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:33 am
Jesse James gives you permission to disappear up your own arse I would argue

Excited about this because I don't think Dominik has missed yet
I have liked his movies though lol. It just sees weird for someone with a strong track record like him, he can't seem to find any other studios to finance this? It could totally be one of those artsy award season movies. Or he could go the David Lynch route and get foreign investors?

Something is up. Maybe it's his overselling or maybe it's the script itself.
To quote one of Dominik's films, there's no cash here. Here, there's no cash.

Most of the "best movies of all time" wouldn't be financed today either, so. In fact, many of them barely were.

Jesse James is one of the best movies of the last 20 years so I don't overly fault his moxxy.

-Vader

Also controversial opinion: Killing Them Softly is top ten of 2012 material.£

Ordered the book this film will be based on today. Been meaning to get into Joyce Carol Oates and I guess this was my excuse. Will report back when I read it (which might be a while because I ordered a UK edition simply because I like the cover more. pls no judgement).

Master Virgo wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 2:58 pm
Also controversial opinion: Killing Them Softly is top ten of 2012 material.£
It would be controversial if it wasn't in your top 10 of 2012. My top 3 are Dark Knight Rises, Django Unchained, and Killing Them Softly.