Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cuz Batman and Inception are not fantasy. I think there is a snowball's chance in hell he will make this but not becasue he doesn't do fantasy.
Say Girl

In an interview with EW, Hamill spoke openly about his surprise over the sale of Lucasfilms and the rights to Star Wars by Disney:
Oh my gosh, what a shock that was! I had no idea that George was going to sell to Disney until I read it online like everybody else… I missed his call yesterday, but I spoke to him maybe three weeks ago. But until we know more, it’s hard to make any comment other than congratulations to George.
Hamill also revealed that he had been in contact with Lucas over the summer, along with Carrie Fisher:
He did tell us last summer about wanting to go on and do [Episodes] VII, VIII, and IX, and that [newly appointed Lucasfilm president] Kathleen Kennedy would be doing them…Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about—which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor—or the 3-D releases.
So when he said, “We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [laughs] I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be—and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We’ll see. I’m anxious to know what’s going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.

As to whether or not Hamill has any insight as to the plot of the upcoming films:
Well, no, he was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn’t be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, “Now you can’t tell anybody!” [laughs] Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!

Neizar wrote:I don't think it's just because Nolan has a long-time powerful keys with Warner Bros. and complete space of freedom... but also because as we all know his inspiration is from reality. Something like SW can never work with Nolan and I don't think he would ever take that. It works with Batman because he is just a man, and it can never work with superman, SW or any other fantasy thing.
Wow...just wow! There are soo many glaring holes in your logic that it is hilarious.

I can see Hamill back in the franchise in a old mentor type of role (even if he really aged terribly), I don't want Fisher and Ford back...I don't want a overweight Leia or a Han Solo bored (Ford always seems to hate Star Wars in interviews) and so old he can't do any action scenes (he'll be 75 years old)...I guess the main characters to help the transition will be R2-D2, C3PO and hopefully Luke Skywalker (maybe Lando?)
Edit: A wookie's life expectancy is several centuries: Chewbacca could be there as well!

Everything that he's said has pretty much been said already, but what's more interesting is the comments, because he asks who should direct/write.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I can see Hamill back in the franchise in a old mentor type of role (even if he really aged terribly), I don't want Fisher and Ford back...I don't want a overweight Leia or a Han Solo bored (Ford always seems to hate Star Wars in interviews) and so old he can't do any action scenes (he'll be 75 years old)...I guess the main characters to help the transition will be R2-D2, C3PO and hopefully Luke Skywalker (maybe Lando?)
Edit: A wookie's life expectancy is several centuries: Chewbacca could be there as well!
Lando System?

Redsmile wrote:Cuz Batman and Inception are not fantasy. I think there is a snowball's chance in hell he will make this but not becasue he doesn't do fantasy.
Yeah, It's impossible, no way, not even.. you know... can't even think of it that a guy will be trained by some mafia groups and then exile himself to bring justice on. THIS IS ALIENS movie you know.

and of course sharing dreams with others through a neural-sedated machine is something nobody can imagine.

Neizar wrote:
Redsmile wrote:Cuz Batman and Inception are not fantasy. I think there is a snowball's chance in hell he will make this but not becasue he doesn't do fantasy.
and of course sharing dreams with others through a neural-sedated machine is something nobody can imagine.
That someone can imagine it in a real-world context doesn't make it any more realistic than aliens, you know.

Besides, who says Nolan would not be able to adapt? It's not obligatory for him to always do his movies in a style.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Jonas Agersø wrote:
Frogger08 wrote:Personally, I'm excited for this. Although I didn't think Episode II and III were that good, I still enjoyed them. I think Episode I is pretty good, despite what the fanboys say. I never got all the hate for the prequels. Everyone spent years demanding them, and now that we have them, people complain.
Watch these 3 reviews: http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

All right, all right, I give in. They are terrible movies. Actually, I wish I'd never clicked that Red Letter Media link and continued to deny the prequels' mind-boggling illogic. Now I won't be able to watch them anymore. :lol:

I still think Darth Maul is a pretty cool Sith, though.

didich wrote:
Neizar wrote:
That someone can imagine it in a real-world context doesn't make it any more realistic than aliens, you know.

Besides, who says Nolan would not be able to adapt? It's not obligatory for him to always do his movies in a style.
Neural, sedation, dreams, .. These words we all know it's something related to reality when they come in mind. This is the simplest gesture we all do. but with aliens? Do we think of it as a realistic thing? Forget the damn debate.. I mean, Do we really capable of grasp a real clue of that YET? No. Then, It's not realistic. (Personally, I believe in existing of other forms of lives in other parts of the universe due to many reasons, but the point here... BELIEVING isn't something. BELIEVING isn't reality.)

Not every adaption can be turn in realistic theme. That's very obvious. How can ANYONE turn Star Wars into realistic thriller? It's impossible... Fantasy and Science-Fiction, There is a HUGE difference between both of them. A real huge line.