Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
marketing makes it seem like all Boyega does is heave and sweat throughout the film

Cilogy wrote:marketing makes it seem like all Boyega does is heave and sweat throughout the film
theres a joke there but i ain't gonna

I wonder if ChristNolan is part of the #BoycottStarWarsVII movement? It very much seems like his type of people that are involved...

Allstar wrote:I wonder if ChristNolan is part of the #BoycottStarWarsVII movement? It very much seems like his type of people that are involved...
Yeah I'm gonna boycott a movie that I posted about trying to get tickets for earlier.

Well maybe I'm in the minority on this but I'm super excited by what I saw. The music and presentation rings with nostalgia and resurrection of the franchise. The dialogue in this trailer does as well
"There were stories about what happened."

"It's true. All of it."
Gave me shivers. I don't care if it's cheesy. It worked brilliantly for me.

Addicted2Movies wrote:Well maybe I'm in the minority on this but I'm super excited by what I saw. The music and presentation rings with nostalgia and resurrection of the franchise. The dialogue in this trailer does as well
"There were stories about what happened."

"It's true. All of it."
Gave me shivers. I don't care if it's cheesy. It worked brilliantly for me.
You are certainly in the majority just from what I've seen and heard.

-Vader

It was alright I guess. Look like too much action, not enough story. Plus, some of the dialogue sounds cliché (nothing will stand in our way. Nothing"). It also tells us very littleof the story, opting instead to wow us with the action. That is an effective tactic generally but here it was really time that we got a sense of the story beyond the obvious (rebels vs Empire, etc.). What do these characters want to achieve? I don't know, the trailer won't say.

The trailer is great and the movie is probably going to be great. I am happy.

The lack of plot reveal is a trademark of JJ Abrams. The marketing of his films have always been shielded in a level of secrecy that rivals Nolan. I'm not defending this decision. Just pointing it out.

EDIT: And from a marketing perspective why would he reveal it anyways? It's Star Wars! It doesn't matter what he reveals, everyone's going to see it.

I wish this trailer was the reason why I'm still awake.