Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
"When a ruthless prince rises to power and threatens galactic peace, a runaway solider, an uncongenial scavenger, and a hot shot pilot find their fates intertwined as they embark on a journey to find the most powerful warrior in the galaxy."

Before it gets leaked, first here on NF.

neb4ever wrote:"When a ruthless prince rises to power and threatens galactic peace, a runaway solider, an uncongenial scavenger, and a hot shot pilot find their fates intertwined as they embark on a journey to find the most powerful warrior in the galaxy."

All of a sudden, everything clicks and makes sense.

Ren's a prince?

Cilogy wrote:Ren's a prince?
What if prince isn't just a throwaway moniker? What if he actually is the son of a certain princess?

neb4ever wrote:"When a ruthless prince rises to power and threatens galactic peace, a runaway solider, an uncongenial scavenger, and a hot shot pilot find their fates intertwined as they embark on a journey to find the most powerful warrior in the galaxy."

Lol, not really, but thanks anyway.

With Jurassic World wildly exceeding box office expectations, is it reasonable to expect that The Force Awakens could become the new #1 champ both domestically and internationally? I think so.

Jedisunscreen wrote:With Jurassic World wildly exceeding box office expectations, is it reasonable to expect that The Force Awakens could become the new #1 champ both domestically and internationally? I think so.
Anything's possible... OD will be tough to brake though, December ain't summer. B.O. battle just got tons more interesting thanks to, unexpectedly, Universal.

I still stand by my initial prediction that the only way for TFA to develop major legs in January (and February) is to have a support from both critics and the public, not unlike Mad Max. Opening weekend was never in question anyway, easily above 200 domestic, maybe even for new #1.

Dude its a new star wars film featuring the OT cast - major legs is a given regardless of its release date.

ChristNolan wrote:Dude its a new star wars film featuring the OT cast - major legs is a given regardless of its release date.
Sure, but I'm talking 2 billion club, not even JW is guaranteed that at this point. Right now, Titanic might sink domestic, that's about it.

And then... there's Avatar. Crazy numbers man. TFA needs to be godlike, or realistically - at least better than Star Trek 2009, fun & thrilling Star Wars ride which will make the masses come back for more, and more.

What about 3D for this? Still unconfirmed or?

Edit: December v summer is important for Opening Day only.