Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Synopsis
"When a ruthless prince rises to power and threatens galactic peace, a runaway solider, an uncongenial scavenger, and a hot shot pilot find their fates intertwined as they embark on a journey to find the most powerful warrior in the galaxy."
Work in progress from Disney of course, could be released by D23.

neb4ever wrote:Synopsis
"When a ruthless prince rises to power and threatens galactic peace, a runaway solider, an uncongenial scavenger, and a hot shot pilot find their fates intertwined as they embark on a journey to find the most powerful warrior in the galaxy."
Work in progress from Disney of course, could be released by D23.
Where'd you hear this? I see nothing about it on MSW.

Ridlazz wrote:Or Luke turning evil, and the last shot is him buliding hes fathers mask and putting it on :P
wut

Supposedly the "lightsaber floating in space" opening was Lucas' idea that remained intact through all the various hands afterwards.

200 days to go!

Super mega speculative spoilers below (you've been warned):
From MSW: Interesting things are coming out from people who are licensees for the new Star Wars products coming down the pipeline. We talked about this on the podcast but it is late coming out today, so I’ll put it here. They’re being told “Lando is likely to return in Star Wars: Episode VIII to avenge a friend and lead a fleet.” If it goes that way, it makes sense as we know the Resistance Fleet is destroyed in VII and there is a friend to avenge.
And if you've been following the spoiler talks through the months, then you have a good idea of who that friend is.

Stone cold Lando would be interesting. Shame that the glint in the eye will be missing but please please please let this be true. Johnson would not be so cold as to leave him out, surely?

Also I really hope he has another crack at Denis Lawson.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Stone cold Lando would be interesting. Shame that the glint in the eye will be missing but please please please let this be true. Johnson would not be so cold as to leave him out, surely?

I guess it all depends on how close Johnson is working with the makers of Episode VII. Is it a case of more creative freedom whereas he knows the story of VII and is basically free reign to go from there with his film? Or is there a clear blueprint with certain characters (like Lando) that was always going to be included at a certain point in the new trilogy?

MSW has a good reputation with these sort of things, so I trust that the info is solid. All we can do is hope Johnson goes that direction in the final draft and we do get a stone cold Lando with a bone to pick.

MSW also mentioned Disney is eyeing a female Sith villain for the final installment of the new trilogy, but this is very early days. As we know, concept for characters at this stage will change a hundred times over. Though MSW stated they want it to be a female for demographic purposes.

Count the number of female villains in the Star Wars films.

It's pretty dire. There was a probably baseless rumour back in '00 or '01 that Catherine Zeta-Jones-Douglas was going to be in AOTC as the villain but nope.

ArmandFancypants wrote:

He's coming back. He has to.