Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Warwick Davis is in.

john75 wrote:HOLLLLY CRAP HUGH LEAK FROM MILLENIUM FALCON, AT LEAST 30 CONCEPT ARTS OF THE FILM ! :o IT LOOKS OFFICIAL ! CHECK THIS OUT ! http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/
That's yesterday kiddo.

m4st4 wrote:
john75 wrote:HOLLLLY CRAP HUGH LEAK FROM MILLENIUM FALCON, AT LEAST 30 CONCEPT ARTS OF THE FILM ! :o IT LOOKS OFFICIAL ! CHECK THIS OUT ! http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/
That's yesterday kiddo.
Sorry I'm late

Harrison finished shooting.

Industrial Light and Magic opens UK studio to work on new Star Wars trilogy

Speaking at the opening ceremony, Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilms and a producer on Star Wars VII, said it was “quite remarkable standing here within three weeks of finishing filming on Star Wars episode VII”. She continued: “This studio continues a long tradition of Stars Wars films being made in London, it goes back to 1976. I think Stars Wars aspires to technical excellence and that’s what brings ILM to London today as this explosion of creativity inside the UK has been quite remarkable.”
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/oc ... -wars-film

so the next year is going to be taken up by SFX work and shit, right?

that's ... worrying

Cilogy wrote:so the next year is going to be taken up by SFX work and shit, right?

that's ... worrying
Why?

Cilogy wrote:so the next year is going to be taken up by SFX work and shit, right?

that's ... worrying
First you worry about nostalgia, now SFX; sit back and relax, drink a bear or two.

Spacey-wacey movies always need plenty of time to polish the polygons.

Isn't it a good thing they got a bit more than a year to finish the VFX (and the rest of the movie too ;) )? They've already said they tried to reach a balance between practical and VFX. They've build large sets and as far as I know; they probably tried to shoot as much on location as they could.

I think it's a good thing they got so much time to finish the film. VFX nowadays are improving more and more. I think ILM is going to deliver with this and Jurassic World (both sequels from classics which draw back to the originals the most) It's going to be exciting to see the Millennium Falcon in space with todays technology as well as the dinosaurs in Jurassic World!

that's ... worrying
If that's worrying, you ought to be worried as hell for Interstellar.

-Vader