Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
But we're just making things up. Come on Vader, do you honestly think it's all black and white in the script (oldies are front, younglings are in the back seat, that's it)? It's probably a mashup of POVs, and for the better.

Han dies.

jibran wrote:Han dies.
Hm... somehow it feels true. I cannot see Luke, or Leia, dying.

m4st4 wrote:
I could so see Luke biting it

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
I could so see Luke biting it
Or Luke, hm... why not yeah. It could be the ultimate sacrifice of arguably the most powerful Jedi Master of the sequel trilogy. If he dies, it needs to be like Gandalf in Fellowship.

Or you know, like Obi-Wan.

jibran wrote:Or you know, like Obi-Wan.
His death was so lame. Whoosh... gone.

m4st4 wrote:
What. it's an awesome fight.
"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Obi-Wan knows that he isn't the one to strike down Vader, Luke is the one destined to bring balance to the force. Obi-Wan has lived a long life and will be of much more help to Luke as a "force-spirit". A lightsaber fight is a characterization of good and evil - not some CGI clusterfuck as the prequels make it out to be.

Honestly, what is most memorable?
This: http://youtu.be/7oGf-a1Dqlc?t=1m52s
or This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8RCQDDsMpU

Jones wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
What. it's an awesome fight.
"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Obi-Wan knows that he isn't the one to strike down Vader, Luke is the one destined to bring balance to the force. Obi-Wan has lived a long life and will be of much more help to Luke as a "force-spirit". A lightsaber fight is a characterization of good and evil - not some CGI clusterfuck as the prequels make it out to be.
It's not an ''awesome'' fight. Sure, well done in terms of characterization, but it did not look well choreographed, or cool. And I'm taking all the fights from the original trilogy in consideration, not the prequel ones - so you don't pull Yoda Vs. Dooku fight as a counter attack.

m4st4 wrote:
Jones wrote: What. it's an awesome fight.

It's not an ''awesome'' fight. Sure, well done in terms of characterization, but it did not look well choreographed, or cool. And I'm taking all the fights from the original trilogy in consideration, not the prequel ones - so you don't pull Yoda Vs. Dooku fight as a counter attack.
Sure it's clunky and David Prowse couldn't see a thing when they shot it - but that's part of the charm. They got better fight choreography over the following two films sure, but it didn't really matter - you cared about the characters and therefore you were emotionally involved.