Evil Dead (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Durden wrote:Just got back, it was pretty good. I wish there were more people in my theater, would have made it a more fun experience. Surprised how good the cinematography was, especially the last 20 minutes. The acting was pretty mediocre, besides Levy who was great. One of the better horror films of the last couple years.

7.6/10
There's tons of jump scares! A lot of reviewers said there weren't either and I dunno how you guys missed them. I mean, I didn't jump (I did at Jurassic Park though, a lot, lol), but my theater did at least 5-7 times.

For me, it created a fairly intense atmosphere mixed with a fair share of camp, but not nearly as much as the first films.

Also, the Cabin in the Woods comparison makes zero sense. That's basically an action movie.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Durden wrote:Just got back, it was pretty good. I wish there were more people in my theater, would have made it a more fun experience. Surprised how good the cinematography was, especially the last 20 minutes. The acting was pretty mediocre, besides Levy who was great. One of the better horror films of the last couple years.

7.6/10
There's tons of jump scares! A lot of reviewers said there weren't either and I dunno how you guys missed them. I mean, I didn't jump (I did at Jurassic Park though, a lot, lol), but my theater did at least 5-7 times.

For me, it created a fairly intense atmosphere mixed with a fair share of camp, but not nearly as much as the first films.

Also, the Cabin in the Woods comparison makes zero sense. That's basically an action movie.

-Vader
Yeah the atmosphere of the film was great, which is something that I wish other horror films could accomplish. Without the camp, this film could actually be scary. I guess I missed the jumped scares, because I honestly never once leaped. :shifty:

I liked the lack of jump scares. I think horror films focus to much on jump scares and that is what makes most of them shit. I want a scary horror film to do its job without any jump scares

Watched the first film of the original trilogy yesterday. And I really liked it. I'll probably watch the other films as well but I'm afraid I might get excited for this even more than I already am.

On topic: This is Jane Levy.
Off topic: This is not Jane Levy in Evil Dead (2013.)

d4mi4n wrote:Image
On topic: This is Jane Levy.
Off topic: This is not Jane Levy in Evil Dead (2013.)

I'll just keep on crushing...

Two weeks to go until Croatian premiere...

D4 you really shouldn't be looking at that stuff. I had no idea wtf was going to happen. I hope you haven't seen too much already.

On a side note I'm seeing it for the third time this afternoon. :D
Say Girl