Live by Night (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Damn... I hope this tweet ain't pre-mature.

Ain't the only tweet. Expecting mid/low 60s on RT, a la Allied.

Well, that's a bummer.

The first trailer looked pretty bad to me, especially Affleck's performance felt off and the story had that been there done that feeling to it... But still, I'm suprised. As a director, Affleck has been 3 out of 3 so far (even if Argo is overrated, it's still a good film) and Gone Baby Gone was absolutelu fantastic so it's still hard for me to believe his film can be a "disaster". Lackluster, dissapointing? Sure. But a disaster feels like a stretch... I mean, it's not like he's playing Batman again (ba dum tss)

m4st4 wrote:Ain't the only tweet. Expecting mid/low 60s on RT, a la Allied.
Well, it's better than the 20-50% BvS and The Accountant got. I think Accountant was even at 30% at one point.

akv1984 wrote:
Well, it's better than the 20-50% BvS and The Accountant got. I think Accountant was even at 30% at one point.
There's still a strong possibility Live By Night goes rotten though. If so very rough year for Affleck with the critics.

Allstar wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
There's still a strong possibility Live By Night goes rotten though. If so very rough year for Affleck with the critics.
His career will still be fine though. Even if Live By Night goes rotten, WB will still keep him on in his current position as one of their golden boys.

I genuinely have no idea how Affleck could have fucked this up. He's talented, it's a great book and the trailers are perfect.

The rumored runtime (2h08) may be a part of it. For a 10-year spanning gangster epic, it's awfully short.

I'm still really excited.

Wow, if even Affleck's next directorial effort is a disappointment then 2016 really is shit. Guess I shouldn't feel bad that I wasn't able to go to the theater almost the whole year

lol at people writing this off immediately when bad words arise