87th Academy Awards: 2015

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Interstellar should have gotten more than 5 Nominations, I thought Boyhood is overrated too. I like to see American Sniper so well but it'll probably go to Boyhood

If it wasn't for the "It took 12 years to make" it would consider the best Lifetime movie ever made

Interstellar will win nothing even if it should win most everything it was nominated for.

I'm setting up a tinychat for an anti-Oscar party.

The only rule is you can't talk about the Oscars since it's literally the worst thing in the universe.

It is designed as a safe place where we can come together and trash the Academy, because they have no respect or faith in our lord and savior CHRISTopher Nolan.

Why? Because I need other people to agree with my opinions on an extremely subjective topic in order to feel secure with myself. Also, this way, I can allow myself to worship the romanticized image of an artist I admire without ever having to face the imperfections of his work and the realities of his humanity, as I continue to live in blindness and refuse to remain open-minded.

Bacon wrote:Interstellar will win nothing even if it should win most everything it was nominated for.
It might win one of the sound categories. Dawn will win VFX and it won't win Best Score though.

Acutally, it won't win any of the sound categories (American Sniper and/or Whiplash will get that). But i'm predicting it to win VFX.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Acutally, it won't win any of the sound categories (American Sniper and/or Whiplash will get that). But i'm predicting it to win VFX.
If it can't get either of the Sound categories, it has no chance with VFX.

But I really am hoping I'm wrong. Paul Franklin and his team deserve recognition for making film and scientific history.

ChristNolan wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:Acutally, it won't win any of the sound categories (American Sniper and/or Whiplash will get that). But i'm predicting it to win VFX.
If it can't get either of the Sound categories, it has no chance with VFX.
Sniper is guaranteed to get sound editing. It may also get sound mixing but I think Whiplash could swoop in. Interstellar don't stand a chance in that category.

VFX however is a whole different ball park. I really think it can win that.