87th Academy Awards: 2015

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:Apparently Kristen Stewart got a Cesar, and is the only American to ever be nominated. Huh.
Because she was really good?

I like Boyhood but it's overrated. For that reason it will probably win Best Picture over Birdman.

Cant help but feel that theyre gonna guve Budman BP and Linklater BD, despite AGI winning DGA.

But whatever, a Redmayne Best actor win, a birdman bp win, a whiplash adapted screenplay win, an intetstellar visual effects win and a theory of everything score win and i'm a happy camper.

Birdman, Keaton, Pike, Anderson/AGI, Simmons/Norton, Stone, Franklin et al., Zimmer. Those are my must-haves, and I'll drink every time they inevitably lose out to others. 8-)

SilverHeart wrote:Apparently Kristen Stewart got a Cesar, and is the only American to ever be nominated. Huh.
Mmmm she got critical acclaim for her winning role?

These are my final picks, both objective and personal. Such a difficult year to call, I feel like less than half of the categories are locked in.

http://wp.me/p1oNyz-su

Personally can't wait for Empire Awards where Nolan and Finch are most likely going to get the major awards and many of the underrated things in 2014 are also going to get the recognition they deserved as usual.

Edit: What was the thing with using the word "swap"? I guess my mind doesn't function properly, it's past my bedtime.£

INDEPENDENT SPIRIT AWARDS WINNERS

Best Feature

"Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)"

Best Director

Richard Linklater, "Boyhood"

Best Screenplay

Dan Gilroy, "Nightcrawler"

Best First Feature

Dan Gilroy, "Nightcrawler"

Best First Screenplay

Justin Simien, "Dear White People"

John Cassavetes Award

Aaron Katz & Martha Stephens, "Land Ho!"

Best Female Lead

Julianne Moore, "Still Alice"

Best Male Lead

Michael Keaton, "Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)"

Best Supporting Female

Patricia Arquette, "Boyhood"

Best Supporting Male

J.K. Simmons, "Whiplash"

Best Cinematography

Emmanuel Lubezki, "Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)"

Best Editing

Tom Cross, "Whiplash"

Best Documentary

Laura Poitras, "CITIZENFOUR"

Best International Film

Pawel Pawlikowski, "Ida"

Piaget Producers Award

Chris Ohlson

Someone to Watch Award

Rania Attieh & Daniel Garcia, "H."

Truer Than Fiction Award

Dan Krauss, The Kill Team"

Robert Altman Award

"Inherent Vice"

Special Distinction Award

"Foxcatcher"

shauner111 wrote:I like Boyhood but it's overrated. For that reason it will probably win Best Picture over Birdman.
Overrated? Don't you know it took 12 years to make??
... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12Years... 12 Years... 12 Years...
That's the Mantra

But it's like, profound and shit.