86th Academy Awards: 2014

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I am so so so pleased DiCaprio got recognition for what is arguably career best work and beyond surprised and utterly delighted Jonah Hill got nominated for a brilliant performance that had me in stitches. Also Scorsese getting in is cherry on the cake.

2 time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill, 1 time Oscar nominee Gary Oldman, lmao I love it. I'll comment on some of the rest later, lmao at the Hanks snub though. Sad to see Bruhl snubbed but he was leading and the only reason Jonah got in so I'll live with that, I just wish Cooper was snubbed instead of Bruhl but their hard on for American Hustle was way too strong. Oh great to see Hawkins nominated, really nice have another Allen female performance recognized with the history of so many great ones.

Allstar wrote:I am so so so pleased DiCaprio got recognition for what is arguably career best work and beyond surprised and utterly delighted Jonah Hill got nominated for a brilliant performance that had me in stitches. Also Scorsese getting in is cherry on the cake.

2 time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill, 1 time Oscar nominee Gary Oldman, lmao I love it. I'll comment on some of the rest later, lmao at the Hanks snub though. Sad to see Bruhl snubbed but he was leading and the only reason Jonah got in so I'll live with that, I just wish Cooper was snubbed instead of Bruhl but their hard on for American Hustle was way too strong. Oh great to see Hawkins nominated, really nice have another Allen female performance recognized with the history of so many great ones.
Despite the wonderful Wolf noms, it still got snubbed for Editing.
And I believe their hard on is on David O. Russell's films. Whatever he makes they'll like it.

Only thing I'm particularly disappointed in is Her not being nommed for cinematography, but then again ...
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Keeping in mind that the academy is not at all an authority on films or their quality makes this whole exercise much more palatable.

Bale and Dicaprio fuck yeah :clap:

Lol at O Russel nom though. Greengrass deserved it way more.

Got reminded of Jonah Hill's nomination. One of the good things indeed.

They better not give the Oscar to Jlaw.

Phoenix was robbed tbh.

I desperately need to see Nebraska.

I'm sad because Rush didn't get any nomination, though I'm happy for Leonardo, Bale and McConaughey getting a nom for 'best actor'

As #1 Cooper fan I really have to agree with Allstar. I'm happy Cooper got a nomination but if anyone in that category deserved to make room for Brühl it would be him. To have the title 'Oscar nominated actor' is a win in itself and Brühl gave an amazing performance that deserves that type of attention. At the end of the day we know Leto will end up winning but to see Daniel get a nom would have been nice. Oh well, Coop stay winnin' :thumbup: