Life changing movies ?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
‘The pursuit of Happiness’ The movie I really like.

jb08668 wrote:‘The pursuit of Happyness’ The movie I really like.
FTFY.
gib sigs

I still haven't really emerged from my little existential phase since seeing and fully comprehending Memento.

The last movie I've seen and it leaved me with a strange feeling that it wasn't "just a regular movie" was "Hunger" with Fassbender, directed by Steve McQueen. In such touching way the movie talks about a fight for ideas with so amazing role created by Fassbender, that I was shocked. Nearly a masterpiece.

Life changing movies, it's interesting and somewhat hilarious for me when I think about this. Warning it will get cheesy! As silly as it sounds, I will say Batman Forever. I was seven when it came out, it was the first Batman movie I got to see at the theater. Of the few VHS movies I had growing up, it was the one watched most. Nothing like a hero taking down a villain. Jim Carrey in a rhinestone unitard is pretty intimidating. You will never think of caffeine the same again! What it did for me, it got me thinking about special effects and prompts. Forever is the first movie I can remember the most having that effect on me. I was one of those kids that wanted to know how things worked or when something amazing on screen would happen asking how did they do that? Love that movie magic! After that movie I tried making my own grappling hooks and Batarangs, you can guess how that turned out. Crazy how a silly movie like Batman Forever can have a spark like that. Imagine what I thought when i got the re-released VHS of Star Wars about that same time frame. My number two most worn out tape! lol
Last edited by Mr.Turnpike on June 20th, 2013, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazing Spiderman 2

I remember seeing Epic Movie in theaters in 2007 and being entertained.
Yeah, that's how bad my taste in film was until I saw The Dark Knight in 2008.
The Dark Knight is that life-changing film for me.

Titanic

Mulholland Dr.

For me,

Inception
500 Days of Summer
Up in the Air