Wrecked (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This looks cool. I like Adrien Brody.

holy jesus. so lemme get this straight

Buried
127 hours

and now this?

quite the package

Anyway this is gonna be good and interestnig, looks like a movie that's well done. With one exception. We all know what Chris Nolan and Jonah did with Memento. They knew the amnesia concept is banal and exploitive for the viewer. A main character with amnesia gives the writer/director almost full freedom of what to introduce as a twist which is wrong and unfair. The tricky stuff in Memento was that all the character knew was his past up till one point and nothing beyond it. What we have in Wrecked is something else ofcourse. Amnesia isn't his biggest problem. Surviving the wilderness is. Which leads us back a decade or more ago to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119051/ .

But yes, I'm glad Brodey is finally getting a different kind of role after Predators and Splice which... well... yeah...

When I watched the trailer none of the movies you mentioned came to my mind (127 Hours, Buried). WRECKED looks good and also looks like Adrien's performance is going to be a good one.

That was a nice post, Talli. The clip is beautiful. It will be one of my favorite scenes in the film. I am looking forward to this movie. james Franco is a fine actor, but Adrien Brody is stronger. We will be seeing more of both and James Franco is slowly getting there.

Looks great, very interesting. I'll be seeing this for sure!

Brody's Performance
If you're not an Adrien Brody fan, you won't like "Wrecked." The Oscar-winner carries "Wrecked" entirely on his shoulders, and while he's not the only performer in the film, it often feels like he is. Brody's character's struggle to survive isn't always an easy ordeal to watch, nor is it always an enjoyable experience. But the actor very clearly went into a deep, dark place for this role, and like the car crash at the heart of the film, it's a difficult performance to look away from.

Ghosts And Dogs
Brody spends most of the movie alone, with a few key exceptions. He's haunted by the image of a woman he believes he may have killed, a specter that hangs heavily over the entirety of "Wrecked." Beyond her chilling presence, Brody's also helped along by an inexplicably present dog that gives our protagonist his few moments of levity in the film and wonderfully demonstrates what man's best friend is truly capable of.

Haunted Forest
Hell is not a blood-stained fiery landscape, but a heavily forested one, if "Wrecked" is to be believed. Brody spends the entirety of the film struggling to escape his own personal hell, a wooded maze of trees, streams, rocks and predators that chills the viewer only slightly less than it haunts our hero.

Discovery Zone
Brody limps through "Wrecked" in an attempt to discover a way out of his surroundings and, more importantly, a way back into his own identity. Likewise, the audience is invited to puzzle the pieces of this man's life together, a thought-provoking exercise that is never as simple as it seems.

The Third Act
"Wrecked" can be a difficult movie to watch throughout the first two thirds of the film, but everything comes to a boil and then some in the final act. Brody's madness and desperation reaches an all-time high and passes through a wholly satisfying resolution that we didn't see coming. Like all great films, the seemingly endless suffering and turmoil experienced throughout "Wrecked" ultimately arrives at a fully earned conclusion.

.so the forest is a metaphor for his own guilt and hell?

i just noticed something. The guy on the radio sounds exactly like Brody

I am lookng forward to watch this film. Looks interesting.

Ugh i hate Brody's acting. Plus his huge nose is distracting.