House of Cards (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I have just started this. I can't wait. This is the future of content, so it will be great to see how it plays out. Can't wait to see the meta data from this, see what the numbers tell us.

This is the future, so it's pretty exciting.

Vader182 wrote:I think binge watching ultimately cripples part of the drama in television. Waiting in between episodes generates suspense, and allows viewers time to contemplate the inner workings of the characters and so on, and more importantly, lets us get to know them in an intimate and powerful way, as if they've been 'with us' for a long time, leading to heightened emotional moments.

-Vader
Good points. I think that makes sense for shows that have cliffhangers or something at the end of each episode. Lost is a good example. I didn't come across this problem during House of Cards, it flowed well.

If releasing shows like this becomes more popular though, the production might be intentionally curved to fit that model of binge watching.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Vader182 wrote:I think binge watching ultimately cripples part of the drama in television. Waiting in between episodes generates suspense, and allows viewers time to contemplate the inner workings of the characters and so on, and more importantly, lets us get to know them in an intimate and powerful way, as if they've been 'with us' for a long time, leading to heightened emotional moments.

-Vader
+100000000
Why you lurking my page brah?

I got so slayed by my exam today :cry:

serves me right, time to turn a new leaf

I'm two episodes in, shit is pretty tight right now.

just finished Ep9. I want to go to bed but I have to see what happens nexts :P :P :D

Adam Galloway's home office is tooooooo sick!!! That is exactly what I want my future set up to look like, right down to the last detail! Wow! :o

Dodd wrote:Adam Galloway's home office is tooooooo sick!!! That is exactly what I want my future set up to look like, right down to the last detail! Wow! :o
It's kiiind of a spoiler that you get to see his home office I guess, but

it totally is. I can't even imagine how much that would cost, let alone in NYC.
-Vader

Just finished ep 10
Russo's radio interview was soooo painful to watch, I want him to succeed but he keeps fucking up. But man as an actor Corey Stoll steals every scene in HOC :clap:

but where did he go at the end? FUUUUCK I want to sleep but this show is so good!!!

Episode 6: Kevin Spacey is god.