George Lucas Admits He Didn't Plan Star Wars in Advance

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lucas has claimed for years that the entire Star Wars saga was planned in advance and not just conjured up after the success of the original. Lucas bashers have obviously been skeptical of this claim even during the days of the original trilogy. In a letter to Lost producers, Lucas admits he did not plan out the sequels/prequels in advance. I have no idea if this is a joke or not:
Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Don’t tell anyone … but when ‘Star Wars’ first came out, I didn’t know where it was going either. The trick is to pretend you’ve planned the whole thing out in advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories — let’s call them homages — and you’ve got a series.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/17/lol ... n-advance/

Even if this is false, Lucas is still an ass.

Well when a film is called Star Wars, originally and then called something else later when there has been a sequel that is usually a good sign that it was meant to stand alone. I have always believed that the first was meant to stand alone, that is until it made so much money.

Star Wars is boring. Period.

Rohan wrote:Star Wars is boring. Period.
Everytime someone ends their statement with "Period" there's always more to say.

Eternalist wrote:
Rohan wrote:Star Wars is boring. Period.
Everytime someone ends their statement with "Period" there's always more to say.

:mrgreen: you're actually right. AVATAR is way better than STAR WARS. Sorry, George Lucas but that's just my opinion sir. I wish you a direct something better. Get out of STAR WARS world and direct a different genre or something else not relevant to STAR WARS.

Ah, hell naw, you did not just say that Rohan. The original Star Wars is THE movie of the 80s.

chee wrote:Ah, hell naw, you did not just say that Rohan. The original Star Wars is THE movie of the 80s.
It came out in the 70's...

You guys can hate on Star Wars as much as you want but the fact remains that it and Jaws pretty much started Hollywood cinema as we know it. Nolan even said that sitting in the theater watching Star War's as a kid was a major inspiration to get into film. Hell it's what got me interested in movies at a young age. Without it ILM would not exist, and CGI wouldn't exist as we know it today without ILM. So please, I don't care if you like it, but don't insult it and it's legacy. It's like taking a piss on cinema.

CrazyEight wrote:
chee wrote:Ah, hell naw, you did not just say that Rohan. The original Star Wars is THE movie of the 80s.
It came out in the 70's...

You guys can hate on Star Wars as much as you want but the fact remains that it and Jaws pretty much started Hollywood cinema as we know it. Nolan even said that sitting in the theater watching Star War's as a kid was a major inspiration to get into film. Hell it's what got me interested in movies at a young age. Without it ILM would not exist, and CGI wouldn't exist as we know it today without ILM. So please, I don't care if you like it, but don't insult it and it's legacy. It's like taking a piss on cinema.
I said 80s because the last two films were released in that decade, I went with the majority since 1970s Star Wars was borderline 80s anyways.

I said 80s because the last two films were released in that decade, I went with the majority since 1970s Star Wars was borderline 80s anyways.
You specifically stated the "The original Star Wars is THE movie of the 80s." Key word being "original", you said nothing about it as a trilogy. It came out in 1977, is 2007 "borderline" 2010? No.