No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay so my whiteness is beaming from a mile away, but what exactly is wrong with slumdog millionaire? never heard any controversies other than some of the film’s child actors still living in slums after the film had become popular.

or is cilogy and pratham shit talking the film because their shtick on nf is hating all things india related

Ruth wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 3:06 pm
okay so my whiteness is beaming from a mile away, but what exactly is wrong with slumdog millionaire? never heard any controversies other than some of the film’s child actors still living in slums after the film had become popular.

or is cilogy and pratham shit talking the film because their shtick on nf is hating all things india related
it won BP the same year that TDK didn’t get nominated

Michaelf2225 wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 3:09 pm
Ruth wrote:

oooooooOoooOoh

i see lol

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Ruth wrote:

it's also very much a surface-y "experience" movie without much to it, which I think is more often than not a defining quality of some of Boyle's work. He's more interested in aesthetics and "style as substance" than the narrative content, IE 127 Hours, Trance, etc.

Boyle's a vividly somatic filmmaker who likes fucking with form dictating content. Steve Jobs, imo, is the best executed version of that recently, although 127 Hours is exactly what it wants to be.

-Vader

Also Slumdog was positivity a time of negativity...

Basically Shape of Water now

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Ruth wrote:

That's not it. It's just that crowd pleaser oscar baits with uplifting endings never work around here. I can guarantee that people here wouldn't have much problem with TSN winning in 2010 or ZD30 in 2012.£

Master Virgo wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 5:08 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
Ruth wrote:

That's not it. It's just that crowd pleaser oscar baits with uplifting endings never work around here. I can guarantee that people here wouldn't have much problem with TSN winning in 2010 or ZD30 in 2012.£
you say that like they should

yeah what Virgo said but yea also my shtick on nf is hating all things india related

Cilogy wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 8:54 pm
yeah what Virgo said but yea also my shtick on nf is hating all things india related
And also because it's a pretty standard bollywood movie (95% of which are mediocre btw), just made by an Englishman. Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Kashyap, or Ram Gopal Varma in his prime (90-00s) would've made a better movie with same story.

And also because Rahman's subpar and nauseating soundtrack won Oscar.