No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Some of y’all just puzzle the shit out of me sometimes.

someone literally called fukunaga a nobody a page or two back, and used his degrees to substantiate his opinion lol, and that’s a statement as idiotic as can be, but nah brah i guess selective outrage only works one way

personally i think the huge upgrade comment is an overreaction, but fukunaga directing bond does sound more exciting to me

Ruth wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 6:44 pm
someone literally called fukunaga a nobody a page or two back, and used his degrees to substantiate his opinion lol, and that’s a statement as idiotic as can be, but nah brah i guess selective outrage only works one way

personally i think the huge upgrade comment is an overreaction, but fukunaga directing bond does sound more exciting to me
Ahem, "used his degrees to substantiate his opinion lol", that was a twist on the comment (last sentence) that I replied to. Context..

Compared to Boyle, Fukunaga is a nobody.

Ruth wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 6:44 pm
This is perfectly fine and I think Cary is a great choice nonetheless. I have to say though Boyle is an even more unique choice for this franchise. Both are pretty unique choices in different ways.

Robin wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 7:03 pm
Ahem, "used his degrees to substantiate his opinion lol", that was a twist on the comment (last sentence) that I replied to. Context..

Compared to Boyle, Fukunaga is a nobody.
I know I shouldn't respond to you but

it's clear I mentioned that to explain that I'm a fan of Boyle and interested in his work, you brought it up for ??? reasons

calling Fukunaga an upgrade over Boyle isn't so much a qualitative statement in the finite quality of Fukunaga vs Boyle, but rather where quality meets suitability. Fukunaga has mastered the "genre as art" thing with his entire filmography but obviously True Detective too, is a master of delivering a Mood, and already delivered one of the best set pieces of action filmmaking in the modern era.

I can hardly imagine a better fit for what this movie needs to be. In that sense, yes, he is an upgrade.

-Vader

I am still lamenting over the fact we'll never be getting a Bond film directed by Boyle. But with the choice in this director, and him being notorious for being opposing to studio in terms of creativity, I would hope that EON have already agreed on a certain vision with Fukunaga.

Boyle passed

Cary signed up

pretty clear who wins here

besides Boyle's films suck except for 28 Days i guess

Cilogy wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 10:20 pm
besides Boyle's films suck except for 28 Days i guess
Steve Jobs would disagree with you bud

he can't tho

he ded