SPECTRE (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:I hope it's not Nolan.
I am on the fence with Nolan being a director. On one hand it will be one hell of a story and he will get the most out of the actors, on the other hand the action will be lacking (Inception, his most Bond movie to date, is not that great in that department, and I am not talking about the ideas for the action but the execution - choreography and editing).

If he wants to do this, as I said the previous page, he needs a second unit director specialized on action scenes. And an editor, or assistant editor, who can edit properly those action scenes.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind action in Nolan's movies? It seems like a trend almost, but I enjoyed the way he presented those bits, especially in TDKR finale. There's always a place for improvement and he's learning but I feel that the characters and the high stakes more than make up for any sort of lacking in choreography.

m4st4 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't mind action in Nolan's movies? It seems like a trend almost, but I enjoyed the way he presented those bits, especially in TDKR finale. There's always a place for improvement and he's learning but I feel that the characters and the high stakes more than make up for any sort of lacking in choreography.
The hallway sequence in Inception is still the best and most innovative action sequence this decade thus far.

Gets me out of the movie sometimes. For example I couldn't fully enjoy the spinning hallway scene as other people did.

I think some of you are confusing fight choreography (Nolan's weakest point) with action set pieces (one of his greatest strengths).

Allstar wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't mind action in Nolan's movies? It seems like a trend almost, but I enjoyed the way he presented those bits, especially in TDKR finale. There's always a place for improvement and he's learning but I feel that the characters and the high stakes more than make up for any sort of lacking in choreography.
The hallway sequence in Inception is still the best and most innovative action sequence this decade thus far.
One of the... I'd say. There was plenty of great action this decade.
JohnConstantine wrote:Gets me out of the movie sometimes. For example I couldn't fully enjoy the spinning hallway scene as other people did.
I believe it's more to do with the fact that most of us have seen these movies several times - that's what happened to me after re-watching TDK trilogy too many times, I'm on a hiatus with those for at least two years now.

As for the spinning hallway scene, what exactly was wrong with that? I always though his other movies are the ones to blame.

m4st4 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't mind action in Nolan's movies?
He is really good and capabale in directing and execution of big action sequences. The best what he did is the chasing scene in TDK and TDKR prologue. In regard to the fighting scenes in TDK trilogy...yeah, they are average mostly (except Bane's scene). Inception corridor scene is great not because of fight execution itself, but due to zero gravity handling.

m4st4 wrote:
I believe it's more to do with the fact that most of us have seen these movies several times - that's what happened to me after re-watching TDK trilogy too many times, I'm on a hiatus with those for at least two years now.

As for the spinning hallway scene, what exactly was wrong with that? I always though his other movies are the ones to blame.
That was on my first viewing :P

JohnConstantine wrote:That was on my first viewing :P
Then there's little I can add. :P