Hideo Kojima Official Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Vader182 wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 10:55 pm
all the aforementioned games were in development way before the announcements and trailers...

-Vader
Which ones? TLOU: Part II started with pre-production during U4, then Druckmann took over that game because of that fiasco with Amy and it went into full production during Lost Legacy, that’s little over two years and we’re now looking at gameplay. Most games function exactly by that proven timeline: teaser-trailer-gameplay-story trailer.

Of course not every game has that smooth dev ride (look at KHIII, lol) but most games do, it’s a fact.

Since this is Kojima game, eh, most of us fans will soon forget about the fact that this is the fourth teaser. The majority won’t. Whatever you say won’t change it, is what I’m trying to say. You cannot expect the general public to feel the same as Kojima fans right now.

Kojima is talking about the game outside of the panel, and Sony famously keeps talking to a minimum and primarily showcases trailers. In fact it was said Microsoft borrowed that from Sony this year, for example.

And m4, in that case you're comparing full production of over 2 years vs 1.5 years for Death Stranding.

Guys, the (very!) obvious reason Kojima is hyping the game up over an unusually long period of time is because this is an original IP from a brand new gaming studio. Its entire financial future is banking on one title. This all helps the game, doesn't hurt it. It's clever marketing.

Also, where's this "backlash?" Few comments aside obviously, Reddit is eating Death Stranding up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8 ... confidence

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 11:15 pm
Kojima is talking about the game outside of the panel, and Sony famously keeps talking to a minimum and primarily showcases trailers. In fact it was said Microsoft borrowed that from Sony this year, for example.

And m4, in that case you're comparing full production of over 2 years vs 1.5 years for Death Stranding.

Guys, the (very!) obvious reason Kojima is hyping the game up over an unusually long period of time is because this is an original IP from a brand new gaming studio. Its entire financial future is banking on one title. This all helps the game, doesn't hurt it. It's clever marketing.

-Vader
You’re correct about the dev times... one year+ is a lot more. And why shouldn’t he enjoy the hype ride? This is the first time he’s free from Konami chains!

But I can’t help and not react sincerely. This is how I feel right now. It’s time to go back to that... teaser #4, and start dissecting it. And I can’t wait to hear Kojima. 8-)

I totally get that they're doing it to keep the ball rolling and make sure that as many people as possible will hear about the game and jump on the hypewagon.

But don't expect the people that are already on that wagon but not too familiar with Kojima's work to jump up and down in excitement. Like m4 is saying, games are usually marketed in a certain way, and it's weird to not get anything more than these little teasers. Even though they are cool.

It's great that he's gonna talk about it later on though and I hope and expect him to get into new details about the story. I'm just talking from a pure E3 press conference perspective, which is the only thing most people see anyways.

The major conferences has always been about hype. They're something special the gaming industry doesn't get any other time of the year. And because of that certain expectations are set by people.

Why she had to eat a bug tho

prince0gotham wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 11:28 pm
Why she had to eat a bug tho
To slow the aging effects of the rain? Not sure.

Sad no Mads was shown. His role in this story is the one that intrigues me most.

Sanchez wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 11:23 pm
I totally get that they're doing it to keep the ball rolling and make sure that as many people as possible will hear about the game and jump on the hypewagon.

But don't expect the people that are already on that wagon but not too familiar with Kojima's work to jump up and down in excitement. Like m4 is saying, games are usually marketed in a certain way, and it's weird to not get anything more than these little teasers. Even though they are cool.

It's great that he's gonna talk about it later on though and I hope and expect him to get into new details about the story. I'm just talking from a pure E3 press conference perspective, which is the only thing most people see anyways.

The major conferences has always been about hype. They're something special the gaming industry doesn't get any other time of the year. And because of that certain expectations are set by people.
I stand behind all of this.

Prince, lol. Ikr.

He revealed nothing in his interview tonight.

Bacon wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 11:40 pm
He revealed nothing in his interview tonight.
Link?

@Vader, reddit eats everything up ;) Check out resetera, gamespot, Twitter etc.

Just saw the teaser one more time... God I can’t help but crave more. And I need to go to work soon. We’re living in the golden age of gaming for sure.