Hideo Kojima Official Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
m4st4 wrote:It's awesome yes, but it's also interesting to hear a solid analysis, even if it's from someone who doesn't like it.
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm posting this 23 mins into his analysis.

In an interview with Norman Reedus by a podcast of B&H, the actor talked a bit about Death Stranding and working with Hideo Kojima.

“The concept is so mind-blowing, because it’s not like, you know, ‘kill everybody and win the game’, it’s a connecting thing. It’s like the opposite. And, you know, it’s so ahead of its time. And there’s elements of social media in it, and the idea is that – you know, you have so many games, and so many parts of millennial culture I guess, is being alone in a room. And you lose physical contact with people. This is after that and the re-establishing of that physical contact.”
“I’m down with whatever Hideo wants to do because he’s another level genius, that guy.”

Baker (obvi), Emily O’Brien

1998 - 2015

It gets worse.

Eh i dunno. I have no desire to play it but, video aside, that alone is as bad a reveal (as in, it ain't) as Seth's vilanous role in RDR Undead Nightmare. In the same way youre not even supposed to take it seriously in the first place so of course its nanomachines, son. That ain't the problem.

I wouldn't even touch this if it was handed to me for free.

prince0gotham wrote:
February 24th, 2018, 8:08 pm
Eh i dunno. I have no desire to play it but, video aside, that alone is as bad a reveal (as in, it ain't) as Seth's vilanous role in RDR Undead Nightmare. In the same way youre not even supposed to take it seriously in the first place so of course its nanomachines, son. That ain't the problem.
To me it becomes a problem because
you can handwave the alternate dimension stuff as making the whole thing non-canon, just something stupid. Now,
in Konami's eyes, it's the canon fate of the world Snake and many others tried to save.

It isn't canon because Kojima had literally nothing to do with it though.

Bacon wrote:
February 24th, 2018, 8:22 pm
It isn't canon because Kojima had literally nothing to do with it though.
Hence why I said Konami.

It's like. . . before, Konami was this annoying guy that I can just go "sure whatever" to. Now, they just keeping shouting "CANON!" from the rooftops and I have to cover my ears and go "I'm not listening! You're not my real dad!"

That metaphor got out of hand there.