What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:Image

A Good Day to Die Hard.........3.5/10

I don't care what anyone says, this was not a Die Hard movie. At best this was a lame ass, bullshit attempt at a cheap action movie. Editing sucked. Cinematography was shit. Fake ass explosions everywhere. What a piece of trash. Now I know why Bruce Willis always looked drunk when I saw him out promoting this. What a joke this was.

I don't care what anyone says, this was not a Die Hard movie. At best this was a lame ass, bullshit attempt at a cheap action movie. Editing sucked. Cinematography was shit. Fake ass explosions everywhere. What a piece of trash. Now I know why Bruce Willis always looked drunk when I saw him out promoting this. What a joke this was.
What'd you think of the opening sequence scene, which was before the scene with John in the police department firing range?

Havoc1st wrote:

What'd you think of the opening sequence scene, which was before the scene with John in the police department firing range?
That may have been the best scene in the movie. The only other scene that stands out is when McClaine pays the man off while his son and the other dude argue about whatever it is they're arguing about.

Since everybody's watching it, I thought I might give it a shot as well. I really liked it.
I was shocked to realize halfway through the film that the guy playing the dad also played Locke in GoT.

DreamPolice wrote:PART II: 9/10
A brilliant end to the series that is equal or at the least, deserves to be noted among the ranks of Return of the King and The Dark Knight Rises. The film pulls off with flying colors all the emotional moments and epicness the series has been building up to in all departments of making this film. I also love how much detail went into the emphasis of the characters, whether it be the very solid acting of the cast or the creative decision of including almost every bloody familiar face from the series during the climax, whether they were just extras or not. Had this movie had a longer runtime (which it should have been BTW) and done correctly, it could have been ever more fangasmic but overall, it does the final half of Deathly Hallows justice.

And that is all. Mischief managed motherfuckers.
Totally agree with all of this. :clap:

Also, Alexandre Desplat's score for this film is phenomenal.

Cilogy wrote:
DreamPolice wrote:PART II: 9/10
A brilliant end to the series that is equal or at the least, deserves to be noted among the ranks of Return of the King and The Dark Knight Rises. The film pulls off with flying colors all the emotional moments and epicness the series has been building up to in all departments of making this film. I also love how much detail went into the emphasis of the characters, whether it be the very solid acting of the cast or the creative decision of including almost every bloody familiar face from the series during the climax, whether they were just extras or not. Had this movie had a longer runtime (which it should have been BTW) and done correctly, it could have been ever more fangasmic but overall, it does the final half of Deathly Hallows justice.

And that is all. Mischief managed motherfuckers.
Totally agree with all of this. :clap:

Also, Alexandre Desplat's score for this film is phenomenal.
I'm 50/50 on this film. Yes it was epic stuff, but I don't know we actually don't see a lot of the battle of Hogwarts, the dream sequence with Dumbledore was bad in the books and is terrible here, I'm not a fan of the final battle with Voldemort (falling from the tower WTF) and I never understood why there wasn't any sort of celebration after Voldermort's death.
I just said my problems with it, it's a good movie, but it could've been much better
I prefered PoA and DHpt1

Alberto wrote:
Allstar wrote:Danny Boyle's Trance-

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Can you explain the ending to me? lol

About to watch myself.

Allstar wrote:
Alberto wrote:
Allstar wrote:Danny Boyle's Trance-

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Can you explain the ending to me? lol
I was just about to watch it for the 2nd time. I'll pm you when I finish it ;)

The Bling Ring B+

I thought it was better than Somewhere.