What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Still enjoyable after all these years.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Smashed

7.2/10

Enjoyable little movie.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Blade Runner (THEATRICAL CUT)

Wish I had watched this version sooner. I'm gonna go against the grain on this and say the T-cut is the definitive version that I wished I had seen first. It feels darker and more nourish with the aid of Harrsion's voice over. There may have been a few scenes where it could've been left out, but overall it helps clarify what's happening on screen and helps the narrative. I'll admit to feeling lost on a few things the first time watching the final cut.

Bleh. Tried to be a comedy/drama/romance/satire but in the end it didn't quite come together. Blunt and McGregor are decent but KST actually steals the show with some great delivery. Overall though, kinda disappointing.

C+

Wow, I didn't appreciate this film enough the first time I watched it. Really raw, and emotional film that has two great lead performances. Cotillard's performance is in my top 5 of last year.

Durden wrote:Image

Wow, I didn't appreciate this film enough the first time I watched it. Really raw, and emotional film that has two great lead performances. Cotillard's performance is in my top 5 of last year.
Yes she's #2 for last year. Schoenaarts was fantastic as well, I really loved his performance. Can't wait to see more of him.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Durden wrote:Image

Yes she's #2 for last year. Schoenaarts was fantastic as well, I really loved his performance. Can't wait to see more of him.
I was speaking overall not just for actresses, she is 2 for actresses for me as well though.

Also this film used the same Bon Iver song as Pines in the last scene, which was great in both.

Should give this another viewing at some point. Her and Lawrence are both amazing, two wildly different performances though.

The Great Gatsby

7/10

Nothing special, kind of boring and someone needs to kill Tobey for me. The guy sucks!

natalie wrote:The Great Gatsby

7/10

Nothing special, kind of boring and someone needs to kill Tobey for me. The guy sucks!
:lol: :lol: man i laughed so hard