Luther (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Luther is a British psychological crime drama television series starring Idris Elba as the title character Detective Chief Inspector John Luther. A first series of six episodes was broadcast on BBC One from 4 May to 8 June 2010. The second series of four episodes was shown on BBC One in summer 2011. During the Edinburgh TV Festival, BBC One controller Danny Cohen announced there will be a third series.

The character of Luther is played by Idris Elba, who won the Golden Globe award for best actor in a miniseries at the 2012 ceremony.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474684/
http://www.tv.com/shows/luther/

I'm a huge fan of the series, Elba's my boy. I've been dying for the third season for a while, Elba said he wants the third season to lead into a movie.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I'm a huge fan of the series, Elba's my boy. I've been dying for the third season for a while, Elba said he wants the third season to lead into a movie.

-Vader
Remember that time when I was like "Hey watch Luther it's one of the best shows on TV" and then you were all "I doubt that", and then I asked why and you said it had bad reviews and then I said it actually had really good reviews and then you looked it up and decided to give it a try and now you fucking love it. Yeah, I remember that.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the series and I wish Elba was my dad.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I'm a huge fan of the series, Elba's my boy. I've been dying for the third season for a while, Elba said he wants the third season to lead into a movie.

-Vader
Remember that time when I was like "Hey watch Luther it's one of the best shows on TV" and then you were all "I doubt that", and then I asked why and you said it had bad reviews and then I said it actually had really good reviews and then you looked it up and decided to give it a try and now you fucking love it. Yeah, I remember that.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the series and I wish Elba was my dad.
Remember that one time I skullfucked you to near death? I remember that too.

I wish Elba was my lover. You haven't even watched The Wire. You aren't allowed to love him.

-Vader

Fantastic programme. I really enjoyed both series one and series two. It gripped me and grabbed my attention in a way that no other British TV drama has ever managed to do before.

We deserve a third season.
Elba's a boss in everything else.
Thor
RocknRolla
Prometheus

But Luther started off his awesomeness track record.

Details about Season 3 were revealed on November 1.

^ Slowly gliding through the last episodes... Amazing show. Alice is so feisty!