Divergent (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Neil Burger won't have my attention until he casts Kevin Bacon and Jon Hamm in one of his films, and has it edited by Matt Chesse.

Yep.

New trailer at 1:54

I am now convinced that the simulations will be cool yo.

Not gonna make a new thread just yet, but it is now official: Robert Schwentke will direct the sequels :blank:

the_red_ninja wrote:Not gonna make a new thread just yet, but it is now official: Robert Schwentke will direct the sequels :blank:
Now it's official: this series is fuuucked.

It's kind of old news but I'll just never understand what some of these executives are thinking sometimes. Did they even take a look at his body of work? Fuuuuuuuuuu

It probably doesn't seem such a big risk for the studio, because it is a new franchise that opens with a set fandom in place. Most fans don't really care who is directing. As a fan myself I can only wish for quality, unfortunately I want Francis Lawrence quality yo

Jax_Teller wrote:It's kind of old news but I'll just never understand what some of these executives are thinking sometimes. Did they even take a look at his body of work? Fuuuuuuuuuu
"Red was a hit, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"And Flightplan?"

"Yeah."

"And The Time Traveler's Wife?"

"Pretty much."

"Hire that guy."
the_red_ninja wrote:It probably doesn't seem such a big risk for the studio, because it is a new franchise that opens with a set fandom in place. Most fans don't really care who is directing. As a fan myself I can only wish for quality, unfortunately I want Francis Lawrence quality yo
I haven't seen Water for Elephants admittedly, but Lawrence's two films before that are appalling.

Haven't seen Water, but Constantine is, I think, pretty decent, and most of all, shows a strong visual sense. I Am Legend is a very good movie for me, the CG mutants are a mixed bag, but it's a very well crafted movie with once again, very strong visuals, a great performance by Will Smith, and good action.

Lawrence's vision is what got him the job on Catching Fire, no doubt about it, he also shot the pilot of Touch, which looked beautiful.