Divergent (2014)

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Posts: 700
Joined: August 2012
Location: Mar del Plata, BA, Argentina.
the_red_ninja wrote:Well no matter what y'all think, the sequels are greenlit and have release dates:
Insurgent: 20 March 2015
Allegiant: 18 March 2016 (so far it will be only one film)

My copy of Allegiant arrives this week :D
I'm completely satisfied with the ending. Have a nice read.

Posts: 25251
Joined: June 2011
the_red_ninja wrote:Well no matter what y'all think, the sequels are greenlit and have release dates:
Insurgent: 20 March 2015
Allegiant: 18 March 2016 (so far it will be only one film)

My copy of Allegiant arrives this week :D
They're gonna lose a lot of money. Just saying. I doubt many people actually give a hoot about this.

Posts: 4762
Joined: June 2012
Location: Gotham City
Bacon wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Well no matter what y'all think, the sequels are greenlit and have release dates:
Insurgent: 20 March 2015
Allegiant: 18 March 2016 (so far it will be only one film)

My copy of Allegiant arrives this week :D
They're gonna lose a lot of money. Just saying. I doubt many people actually give a hoot about this.
Reported for trolling.

Posts: 25251
Joined: June 2011
But how can they greenlight 3 films that they don't even know will be successful at all?

Posts: 10401
Joined: January 2011
Location: Waiting for an uber
Bacon wrote:But how can they greenlight 3 films that they don't even know will be successful at all?
Young adult books that are made into films have the advantage of already having a fanbase even before the film goes into production. I mean if they can already greenlight 50 Shades series then why not this yo.

- Oh and did I mention that Neil Burger will not be returning for the next films.

Watch the first clip here:
http://www.hypable.com/2013/12/18/diver ... s-tattoos/
EDIT:

Posts: 11121
Joined: December 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
the_red_ninja wrote:I mean if they can already greenlight 50 Shades series then why not this yo.
I'm pretty sure they only greenlit the first one.

Posts: 54074
Joined: May 2010
Location: House of X
the_red_ninja wrote:
Bacon wrote:But how can they greenlight 3 films that they don't even know will be successful at all?
Young adult books that are made into films have the advantage of already having a fanbase even before the film goes into production. I mean if they can already greenlight 50 Shades series then why not this yo.

- Oh and did I mention that Neil Burger will not be returning for the next films.

Watch the first clip here:
http://www.hypable.com/2013/12/18/diver ... s-tattoos/
Do you believe it will be on the quality side like THG? I highly doubt it.

Posts: 10401
Joined: January 2011
Location: Waiting for an uber
m4st4 wrote: Do you believe it will be on the quality side like THG? I highly doubt it.
It's hard to say at this point. It has a similar fanbase as THG, but quality-wise is up to the final product. Also the concept is a decent science fiction and a story that is not over-complicated like Mortal Instruments.

Posts: 54074
Joined: May 2010
Location: House of X
the_red_ninja wrote:
m4st4 wrote: Do you believe it will be on the quality side like THG? I highly doubt it.
It's hard to say at this point. It has a similar fanbase as THG, but quality-wise is up to the final product. Also the concept is a decent science fiction and a story that is not over-complicated like Mortal Instruments.
I see you've done your homework. ;) Thanks!

Posts: 10401
Joined: January 2011
Location: Waiting for an uber
Image

Image
Statement from Summit regarding Burger's exit:
"Neil Burger is a rock star and he is doing a fantastic job on Divergent. We can't wait for you to see the film. But as amazing as Neil is he still cannot be in two places at once and thus needs to finish post production on Divergent while we gear up to start production on Insurgent. So, although Neil will continue on as part of our Divergent family as an executive producer, we sadly have to find another director for the next chapter in Veronica Roth's fantastic series."
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Divergen ... 40745.html

Still no word on who is taking over directing duties :think:

Post Reply