The Girl Who Played With Fire

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Girl-Who ... 32604.html

The Girl Who Played With Fire Movie Still Happening But Won't Get A 2013 Release
Since its release in 2011, fans have been waiting for word on the adaptation of the next book. The Girl Who Played with Fire, which has Lisbeth set as a suspect to the murder of two reporters. Entertainment Weekly posted the latest update on the project, stating that a source close to the production says Steven Zaillian is still working on the script and that things won't move forward until the screenplay is finished. There's no confirmation on whether or not David Fincher will return to direct, but EW says he's still first choice and "hasn't ruled out returning."
At this point, it sounds like the schedule for production is undetermined, but fans shouldn't expect it to arrive in theaters next year, as was hoped. Still, EW's sources sound confident that the movie will eventually get made. And hopefully when the time comes, Mara and Craig will be available and on board to return.

Fincher better sign on! :evil:

If everyone from the TGWTDT signs on, its my number 2 most anticipated for 2014 if released. 8-)
Last edited by Durden on August 22nd, 2012, 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The good thing about TGWTDT was that it could be its own movie. It doesn't need a sequal or set up one at all. I would like Fincher do 2 more films.
Brave New World

durden_77 wrote:Fincher better sign on! :evil:
I actually read somewhere in a Magazine that said Fincher has gone on record saying that The Girl Who Played With Fire is his Favorite Book in the Series.

BlairCo wrote:
durden_77 wrote:Fincher better sign on! :evil:
I actually read somewhere in a Magazine that said Fincher has gone on record saying that The Girl Who Played With Fire is his Favorite Book in the Series.
I was listening to an interview with him and he said he thought TGWPWF was very cinematic (he apparently doesn't think the third is cinematic though). He'll probably do it. I would like him to come back again. HOWEVER!, NOT BEFORE FINISHING 20,000 LEAGUES DAMMIT!!

ComptonTerry wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I actually read somewhere in a Magazine that said Fincher has gone on record saying that The Girl Who Played With Fire is his Favorite Book in the Series.
I was listening to an interview with him and he said he thought TGWPWF was very cinematic (he apparently doesn't think the third is cinematic though). He'll probably do it. I would like him to come back again. HOWEVER! NOT BEFORE 20,000 LEAGUES DAMMIT.
I'd say that Sony will be able to fund 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea if he does that last two films.

Fincher should just do Cleopatra.

I really do not want Fincher to do this. :shifty:

I want to see him do 20,000 leagues, and then come back and finish up the series. Both have a ton of potential.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Fincher should just do 20,000 Leagues.
I agree.