Alien: Covenant (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Prometheus hate bandwagon is so obnoxious. That movie has so many ambitious ideas, sure there are issues, but the ideas in that movie are awesome. I love that it opened up the lore to this more cosmic terror along the HP Lovecraft route. Plus, from a technical perspective, that movie is beautiful.

Well yeah, storywise it's only saving grace is that without it we wouldn't have gotten this. I mean, it does look a whole lot like Prometheus, just with more characters and more aliens lol. Although so far, with a more basic story but hopefully there's more to it than meets the eye (i.e footage we've seen so far lol)

Must say I dig Prometheus' ideas and it's ambition, it just never reaches the heights it wants to. It's interesting until the two scientist get lost. After that it's downhill. Except for the visuals tho, those were great all throughout. Oh and the score

I just hope this delivers. It's rather exciting that Scott is back once again, hopefully delivering a better film.

Frank-Jon wrote:
jesus fuck

fenwayconnor wrote:The Prometheus hate bandwagon is so obnoxious. That movie has so many ambitious ideas, sure there are issues, but the ideas in that movie are awesome. I love that it opened up the lore to this more cosmic terror along the HP Lovecraft route. Plus, from a technical perspective, that movie is beautiful.
I don't hate the film but it is overall pretty mediocre. I'll concede that it has some nice visuals though.

Frank-Jon wrote:Pics from Empire mag

Anyone taking part in Alien Day Event this evening?

Seeing Alien on the big screen for the first time should be great.

Also, exclusive scenes from Covenant is shown and a poster is given out.

I cannot, I have to work but I am going to an Alien movie marathon (btw is that what you call binge watching films in the cinema in the US?) on the 12th. They'll be screening:
1) Prometheus
2) Alien
3) Aliens
4) Covenant (strange order, I know).

It doesn't get much better than that.

And for anyone that wants to see the live event on youtube.

Just got back from my double-bill - we had Prometheus first, then Alien, then two scenes from Covenant followed by that 'prologue' posted above.

(btw it's kinda funny - UK chains hyping up that you can't see the prologue anywhere else, then Fox release it online minutes before the screenings begin :lol:)

as for the Covenant footage - looks rather awesome, basically delivering what everyone has been asking for post-Prometheus. Lots of blood, gore, f-bombs, McBride is awesome, and that backbuster sequence (we got to see the full scene) is epic.

Just came back. I'm officially on board.

The scenes from Covenant was madness. It's going to be a riot at the cinema.

I lost it with the spine scene and the little crazy alien :clap: