Alien: Covenant (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fox has confirmed to THR that Scott and the studio actively are pushing ahead with a follow-up (stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are signed) and are talking to new writers because Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof might not be available. "Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can't rush it," says Fox president of production Emma Watts, who also has overseen the successful reboots of the X-Men and Planet of the Apes franchises by turning over the reins to innovative filmmakers. A Prometheus sequel would be released in 2014 or 2015.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... ike-356583

Big sequels have small beginnings....

oh no

Mr. Caine wrote:oh no
Lindelof isn't writing this time. :D

oracle86 wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:oh no
Lindelof isn't writing this time. :D

I honestly get the feeling that Ridley has no idea what he actually wants to do with his career at this point. He wants to make 2 Prometheus sequels, a Blade Runner sequel, The Counselor, a Biblical Epic of Moses, and there's a few other projects announced that I don't remember off the top of my head. He wants to do all this shit and he seems so impatient to get it all done that he doesn't bother to make sure the script are very good and not just mediocre. Ridley needs more patients and focus. He needs to figure out which genre he's best at and stick with it and he needs to stop shitting out random projects and moving on to others.

I will always respect Ridley because Blade Runner is my favorite film ever and I also LOVE Alien, Gladiator, Kingdom Of Heaven (Directors Cut) and Matchstick Men and really like (not love) American Gangster and Black Hawk Down and The Duellists. That said, I can't deny that I fear for the rest of his career. I really hope Ridley gets to make just 1 more classic in his career before he is gone. Just one more film with the status of Blade Runner Alien or Gladiator.

ComptonTerry wrote:I honestly get the feeling that Ridley has no idea what he actually wants to do with his career at this point. He wants to make 2 Prometheus sequels, a Blade Runner sequel, The Counselor, a Biblical Epic of Moses, and there's a few other projects announced that I don't remember off the top of my head. He wants to do all this shit and he seems so impatient to get it all done that he doesn't bother to make sure the script are very good and not just mediocre. Ridley needs more patients and focus. He needs to figure out which genre he's best at and stick with it and he needs to stop shitting out random projects and moving on to others.
It's probably cos he is so old. He has realised he won't live forever and he wants to do all the stuff that he has been thinking of doing over the past few decades. Consider it his "bucket list."

Prometheus 2: Prometheus Harder

...kay this is gonna take some thought.

solo2001 wrote:Prometheus 2: Prometheus Harder

...kay this is gonna take some thought.
Prometheus Rises, Prometheus 2, Prometheus; The Next Chapter, ect...
Brave New World

ComptonTerry wrote:I honestly get the feeling that Ridley has no idea what he actually wants to do with his career at this point. He wants to make 2 Prometheus sequels, a Blade Runner sequel, The Counselor, a Biblical Epic of Moses, and there's a few other projects announced that I don't remember off the top of my head. He wants to do all this shit and he seems so impatient to get it all done that he doesn't bother to make sure the script are very good and not just mediocre. Ridley needs more patients and focus. He needs to figure out which genre he's best at and stick with it and he needs to stop shitting out random projects and moving on to others.

I will always respect Ridley because Blade Runner is my favorite film ever and I also LOVE Alien, Gladiator, Kingdom Of Heaven (Directors Cut) and Matchstick Men and really like (not love) American Gangster and Black Hawk Down and The Duellists. That said, I can't deny that I fear for the rest of his career. I really hope Ridley gets to make just 1 more classic in his career before he is gone. Just one more film with the status of Blade Runner Alien or Gladiator.
I thought you loved Prometheus. :lol: