Best Acted Scenes

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Driver chews Damon up here.

I wonder if Tyrannosaur could be a sequel for Marsan's character...

ArmandFancypants wrote:I wonder if Tyrannosaur could be a sequel for Marsan's character...
I haven't seen that, might check it out. I really loved Marsan's character

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:I wonder if Tyrannosaur could be a sequel for Marsan's character...
It's brutal, brutal stuff.

I liked Happy-Go-Lucky (En-Ra-Ha) but it's sort of middle level Leigh for me. Topsy-Turvy, Another Year, Naked, All or Nothing, that's the hardcore shit.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:

I liked Happy-Go-Lucky (En-Ra-Ha) but it's sort of middle level Leigh for me. Topsy-Turvy, Another Year, Naked, All or Nothing, that's the hardcore shit.
I liked Topsy Turvy. I also really liked Vera Drake (Staunton was immaculate).

Forum Pro
Law

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:

Happy go lucky was an incredibly excruciating film for me.
I thought the characters were plainly one dimensional to the extreme of it passing across as abit of a joke.

Not Leigh's strongest film for me and very much a diveded film amongst Leigh fans.

The best acting I've seen over the past few years would have to be Veerle Baetens and Johan Heldenbergh in the oustanding The Broken Circle Breakdown.Still cant get their performances out of my head.Truly oustanding in every act so its hard to pin down one particular moment.

Kathy Burke in the powerfull gritty drama Nil By Mouth also steals every scene she's in.Tremendous performance but not for the faint hearted,especially in one particular tearfull moment.

Forum Pro
Law