Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
^well, yeah but it remains such a pity that this could've been incredible. First Man was indeed a great look inside Armstrong's life and family and the emotional connection really payed off in that film. It's got so much going on, it's quite insane.

Malek was indeed fantastic as Mercury, and I thought it was quite nice how some actors resembled the real life people so much but in the end; that's not what really matters. From a story point of view, I think it's a pity they fabricated so much. Freddie's life, Queen's success is so ripe for a tumultuous, deep, film and what we got was something much more light-hearted.

I guess we'll never get a raw and intense Queen film.

Malek and the music elevate this film. I don't quite see why it warrants to backlash it is getting from some critics (other than for the Director). In a disappointing year (personal opinion) this was at least somewhat entertaining for a watered down biography.

"I've sat here and talked about how everyone deserves a voice and anyone who wants to talk about what happened with Bryan deserves to have their voice heard," he said. "In my situation with Bryan, it was not pleasant, not at all. And that's about what I can say about it at this point."

He continued, "For anyone who is seeking any solace in all of this, Bryan Singer was fired. Bryan Singer was fired, I don't think that was something anyone saw coming but I think that had to happen and it did."
- Malek

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 755390002/

Maybe he speaks more about it after the Oscars.£

saw this on reddit this morning, and Hollywood Reporter mentions an interesting little detail retelling the same quote
A visibly emotional Malek paused while the audience applauded, and then added, "For anyone who is seeking any solace in all of this, Bryan Singer was fired. Bryan Singer was fired, I don't think that was something anyone saw coming but I think that had to happen and it did."
I reaaally wonder what happened on that set. Props to Malek though. Seems like he may have been the first one to actually stand up and actively push to get rid of Singer. When you take into account the odds, and the fact that he wasn’t an A lister and could’ve very well had to say adios to a chance at having a mainstream career if anything went south, that’s very ballsy.

£

Oku
It really is a thorny situation for him.

On the one hand, he can stay silent, toe the company line, and take the blame (see: what happened to Mr. Trank when he bad-mouthed Fantastic Four).

But on the other hand, by doing that, he risks becoming known for that one single badly-edited scene, affecting his reputation, legacy and career.

One would, perhaps mistakenly, think Oscar for best editing means your work is the absolute best among your peers, for that particular year.

I've seen that video and it's enlightening

I haven't seen this film, but does the rest of the film have like fucking amazing editing to warrant an award?

Bryan Singer is a hackjob. This movie was fine. But the fact that he made most of it makes it to me even below that. Sometimes you can't separate the art from the artist. The same way I can't properly listen to Judas Priest albums from Dave Holland's era.