The Fifth Estate (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Jax_Teller wrote:No it didn't, so many people & websites were saying he'd never get a job anymore, he's got a big supporting role in Lone Survivor, he's the lead in The Grand Seduction, he's got this HBO movie coming. Just saying BO bombs do not bury all actors.

Plus, how many actors can be considered as draws anymore? Will Smith? AE was a bomb. Tom Cruise? Oblivion did not do very well.

I'm guessing Pitt because of WWZ (but Killing Them Softly bombed terribly). Maybe Denzel Washington or Sandra Bullock. In the end, it's all about the movie, it's much harder for stars to draw audiences nowadays.
He's not the upcoming star that the industry expected. That's my point.

What makes you say that the industry expects him to be a star? He's been a supporting player in many movies, and many more to come. He's got the lead in James Gray's next adventure movie, but other than that.

Jax_Teller wrote:What makes you say that the industry expects him to be a star? He's been a supporting player in many movies, and many more to come. He's got the lead in James Gray's next adventure movie, but other than that.
He was thought to be a big star with Carter and Battlestar.

Seriously, I don't understand why you are so defensive.

Allstar wrote:Alright I'm done discussing this. Did not know you "Cumberbitches" would get so worked up.

Here is a piece from Variety that speculates on how this flop could affect his leading man status.. which was really my whole point all along. He gets blame, even if he does not deserve it. It is just the way Hollywood works. I did not invent the rules.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/does- ... 200744982/
Searching, searching...
Allstar wrote:
Dodd wrote:Ben Cµm is an A-Lister confirmed.
well...
'The Fifth Estate' is the worst box office debut of 2013.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/20/b ... th-estate/

BenCum sinks.
Allstar wrote:He's the star of the film. It's partially his fault, it's a fact.

I was joking about the ego bit hence the laugh, I found it funny how he referred to his fans as "cumberbitches" and saying they had his back. The irony being they certainly did not have his back this weekend.
Yeap.

So he sinks and is his fault? Or he doesn't deserve the blame?

I'm done here.

MOOOARR!

^ Can't believe how butt hurt you are over this. :lol: :crazy:

Allstar wrote:^ Can't believe how butt hurt you are over this. :lol:
I'm not. But you (and not only you) have a habit of putting questionable posts in here just for the sake of posting them. Sometimes is hard to ignore, that's all.

theseeker9175 wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:What makes you say that the industry expects him to be a star? He's been a supporting player in many movies, and many more to come. He's got the lead in James Gray's next adventure movie, but other than that.
He was thought to be a big star with Carter and Battlestar.

Seriously, I don't understand why you are so defensive.
Because I really like the guy, and he's still working just fine in the industry contrary to what the haters are saying.

Comparing Cumberbatch to Kitsch is just plain wrong, and you know it.