Assassin's Creed (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:Wow.

I really have no idea what to think of this. It's quite a surprise, but Fassbender is an odd choice.

At least he's got the hidden blade to play the part.

CaliKid329 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Wow.

I really have no idea what to think of this. It's quite a surprise, but Fassbender is an odd choice.

At least he's got the hidden blade to play the part.

If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Has there ever been a video game based movie that was any good? After a glance on wikipedia, the answer is "No". That said, those godawful Resident Evil movies have turned a tidy profit, as did the Tomb Raider movies, so it makes some kind of sense I guess.

Good casting, hard to say how much though since we have no idea which character he's playing (iconic suggests either Altair or Ezio, since even non-fans can recognise them). With that said, I'm going to be keeping an eye on this.
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Has there ever been a video game based movie that was any good? After a glance on wikipedia, the answer is "No". That said, those godawful Resident Evil movies have turned a tidy profit, as did the Tomb Raider movies, so it makes some kind of sense I guess.
Prince of Persia was all right, a good popcorn flick but not much else. There's also King of Kong, but that's a documentary.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

darthnazgul wrote:Good casting, hard to say how much though since we have no idea which character he's playing (iconic suggests either Altair or Ezio, since even non-fans can recognise them). With that said, I'm going to be keeping an eye on this.
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Has there ever been a video game based movie that was any good? After a glance on wikipedia, the answer is "No". That said, those godawful Resident Evil movies have turned a tidy profit, as did the Tomb Raider movies, so it makes some kind of sense I guess.
Prince of Persia was all right, a good popcorn flick but not much else. There's also King of Kong, but that's a documentary
Prince of Persia was shit-tastic.It was great pain to see one of my all time favorite game fucked in the ass so hard

PofP was certainly the most expensive, but it was also one of the worst, despite all the pretty effects. It had a decent director, an A-list cast, a huge budget, and it was still terrible. Plus it lost money. Hopefully Fassbender is getting "Gyllenhall" money for this gig.

hopefully the movie won't be as repetitive

Ehhh this sound like a bad career move on ol' Fassy's part. Video game-to-movie adaptations rarely work. Will this be his next "Jonah Hex"? I mean I could be wrong. I enjoyed the second Assassin's Creed game set in Italy a lot (Was awfully disappointed by the first one's repetitiveness). If Davinci contraptions are involved I might be in. That stuff is neato.
Last edited by NoMoreDeadCops on July 9th, 2012, 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thrice wrote:hopefully the movie won't be as repetitive
zing

Wait so is Fassy supposed to be playing Desmond or Altair or someone completely new? i could see him as Desmond, but as Altair? I don't really see it.