Can a movie be 'boring'?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Based4Life wrote:And the snob comment of the day goes to...
He's a creationist so his opinion is invalid anyway.
And the biggest uninformed assumption of the day goes to...

Seriously, where did you get that idea from? I honestly hope you're simply trolling, instead of trying to stamp a stereotype on my entire theology, because that's complete bullshit. ;)

Yes.
Master Virgo wrote:I mean it's up to you whether you like the film or not, but there is no flaw as bad pacing. It doesn't exist. The filmmakers don't have to entertain you or give you something interesting every few minutes.
I don't completelly agree with you. In my opinion, pacing is primordial to the essence of a film. For me, pacing doesn't mean "something exiting every five minutes" but "something to keep me interested about the project". A powerful thematic can help the film work, but only if done well and not if it makes other, more important aspects of film fail.
Master Virgo wrote:Sometimes uninteresting things are necessary for you to get your film wherever you want it to go. And sometimes you need to make your film with slow pacing because that's related to the themes.
I agree, but then when the film gets there it should be interesting. If you are waiting the entire film for something to happen and, when it does, it's underwhelming, then the film overall suffers. On the other side, slow pacing doesn't make it "bad pacing" if the themes are well presented. When they get too obvious or repetitive while sacrificing screentime then it's bad pacing.
Master Virgo wrote:And sometimes the filmmakers might find some certain element of their film interesting and you won't. So it's completely subjective.
This is completelly true.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Yes it can.Lock

Mr. Caine wrote:Yes it can.Lock
facts here people
/thread

This thread sucks.

You should be ashamed.

PseudoHawk wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
He's a creationist so his opinion is invalid anyway.
And the biggest uninformed assumption of the day goes to...

Seriously, where did you get that idea from? I honestly hope you're simply trolling, instead of trying to stamp a stereotype on my entire theology, because that's complete bullshit. ;)
Crazy Eight wrote:
I'm a Christian. My view is creationism.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 889#p86889

PseudoHawk asked me where I got the idea he was a creationist from. I was wondering if you could post this comment before the lock.
Kay.