General Music Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
This thread needs a revive.

New Strokes album leaked, Depeche Mode's new album streaming free on iTunes, and JT's album finally released. The next few weeks are really great for music.

John Mayer announcing his tour live via YouTube on Thursday! :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited:

BroskiSabor wrote:This thread needs a revive.

New Strokes album leaked, Depeche Mode's new album streaming free on iTunes, and JT's album finally released. The next few weeks are really great for music.

John Mayer announcing his tour live via YouTube on Thursday! :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited:
Strokes leaked? Nice. I wonder if it can pull me away from JT.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:This thread needs a revive.

I'm downloading it now. I've never been a huge Strokes fan, but I always give their albums a listen or two. The 20/20 Experience is so fucking great, though. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since it leaked.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Peace wrote:
I'm downloading it now. I've never been a huge Strokes fan, but I always give their albums a listen or two. The 20/20 Experience is so fucking great, though. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since it leaked.
Why you lurking my page brah?

BroskiSabor wrote:
Peace wrote:
Their first album is amazing imo. The rest are decent but lacking. Hoping this one is better. And 20/20 is great. I left off Spaceship Coupe and Don't Hold The Wall or whatever 8-)

Can't wait for the second album.
Say Girl

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... m-20130319
"I need to clear up a rumor," Timberlake said of whispers that the version of the LP, out today, was only "the first half of the album." "Those rumors are true," he added, though did not reveal when volume two would be released.
:tooexcited: Damn, this year keeps getting better and better.
Peace wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote: I'm downloading it now. I've never been a huge Strokes fan, but I always give their albums a listen or two. The 20/20 Experience is so fucking great, though. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since it leaked.
Their first album is amazing imo. The rest are decent but lacking. Hoping this one is better. And 20/20 is great. I left off Spaceship Coupe and Don't Hold The Wall or whatever 8-)

Can't wait for the second album.
Yeah, I liked Is This It the best for sure. I actually thought their last album, Angles was probably their second best. We'll see how this one is.

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/03 ... unk-songs/
So excited, in fact, that a Daft Punk fan site has uncovered proof that Sony Music Entertainment UK have registered 13 new songs from the duo, due for release in 2013, with the UK's PPL. The reason this is exciting news is that this indicates that all of these songs are 100 percent complete and essentially ready for release, meaning that an announcement as to when we can expect the record oughtn't be too far away.

It's not going to be a short record, the 13 tracks range in duration from 4min11sec to 9min04sec. That doesn't really tell us too much, though. We're still very much looking forward to their collaboration with Nile Rodgers.
8-) You're welcome.

Forum Pro
Law
Bacon wrote:http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/03 ... unk-songs/
So excited, in fact, that a Daft Punk fan site has uncovered proof that Sony Music Entertainment UK have registered 13 new songs from the duo, due for release in 2013, with the UK's PPL. The reason this is exciting news is that this indicates that all of these songs are 100 percent complete and essentially ready for release, meaning that an announcement as to when we can expect the record oughtn't be too far away.

It's not going to be a short record, the 13 tracks range in duration from 4min11sec to 9min04sec. That doesn't really tell us too much, though. We're still very much looking forward to their collaboration with Nile Rodgers.
8-) You're welcome.
You have the worst taste in everything

So what is everyone's favorite decade for music? A lot of my favorite artists come from the 2000s, but I've been on a big late 70s/early 80s kick lately. Every decade has its own strengths, obviously.