General Music Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
I got my code digitally and couple of CDs are on the way for friends and even gifts in school, BUT I think Kingdom Leaks should have the re-uplouded link by now. My moto is always: torrent first, if you like it - buy it, at least when it comes to music. With movies it’s different - cinema first.

Oh my goodness this album is bad.

EDIT: Also, it'll be one of the fastest selling albums of all time because Swift actively encouraged children and her fans to buy her album up to 15 times per day to get "priority access" for tour tickets.
Last edited by Bacon on November 10th, 2017, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreakLikeMe wrote:Anyone know a place where Taylor Swift's Reputation is low-key streaming or available for download from a torrent, perchance? Please DM me!
what did you do for almost 8 months?

Bacon wrote:Oh my goodness this album is bad.

EDIT: Also, it'll be one of the fastest selling albums of all time because Swift actively encouraged children and her fans to buy her album up to 15 times per day to get "priority access" for tour tickets.
Yes, that is the sole reason for 2 million copies. Current situation on iTunes all around the world:

Lots of kids clicking fast to get those tickets.

Also, why are you torturing yourself with something you actively disliked from the get-go? Stay away from the salt and consume something that makes you content with life.

Lol you're right. I just knew people would be talking about it. I expected it to be garbage after LWYMMD but wow, didn't think it'd just be that uninteresting. Hadn't heard the other singles really except Ready For It like once.

I haven't listened to a full T-Swift album yet (A couple of songs from some of her albums). Maybe this is the one. I really liked the singles.

Bacon wrote:Lol you're right. I just knew people would be talking about it. I expected it to be garbage after LWYMMD but wow, didn't think it'd just be that uninteresting. Hadn't heard the other singles really except Ready For It like once.
To each their own and all that m8 ;) It’s a specific sound this time round and further departure from Red, and of course 1989. Like Rolling Stone (the only music magazine I really read) said, she’s trying something new, as always. So the evolution isn’t something new for her, it’s simply a more aggressive jump now... into even more exposure as an artist, and sincerity.

Anyway, someone gathered the quotes and it seems like the good majority of music industry critics responded well:

I'm genuinely curious how many lines of her lyrics are her complaining about someone else. Like an exact number from each album.

Oh, probably thousands. :lol: My brother calls her ‘that bratty high school queen’. But in this one she acknowledges even that side of her. She puts her heart on a platter for everyone to see and that to me feels like a genuine artist move. I guess it comes with the package if you’re writing your own lyrics, eventually the real ‘poet id’ emerges from all the celebrity ‘feud’ bullshit.

But how can she be self-aware of how much she does stuff like this but then continue to write the same thing over and over? It's what killed the video for me of LWYMMD. The song's trash. The video, however, had impressive production and a cool aesthetic but at the end it was as if she was saying the song is supposed to be self-aware but it's hardly self-aware when the entire song (and the other tracks) is her genuinely doing what she's making fun of, albeit significantly worse than she has in the past.